where's the shift control solenoid?

Levi

Reaction score
does anybody know where the shift control solenoid is at on the v-6 tranny?

took it by autozone 3x already and the same thing comes up, faulty shift control. i already ordered the solenoid, but i can't find the damn thing on the tranny. I wanted to unplug it, clean it out, plug it back in and see if it works better, but all i see is the lock up solenoid.

Last edited:

Levi

Reaction score
Re: tranny problem

wait...i think i just trolled myself. it may be the solenoid, well whatever it is, its the thing that controls the tranny in what to do.

jbisselwhiteac6

Reaction score

just let it warm up for about 5 minutes Mine did the same thing it only would do it when it wasnt warmed up. If i was i you I would take it easy when you first start going on your commute

Accord281

Reaction score

shift control solenoids. haynes manual has pics of where they are and testing procedures :)

Levi

Reaction score

hmmm there's 3 solenoids that are apart of it, i dunno which one it could be

finch13

Reaction score

I believe there are 2 shift solenoids and the 3rd is the lock-up solenoid.

Honda stopped with the ECU/TCU things in 98 when they switched to a PCM "Powertrain Control Module" and that's found in the center console behind the dash.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
okay solenoid A - lock-up control/shift control solenoid is located below the upper radiator hose and beside one of the trans-cooler hard lines, its a clip on a plate that has two nipple looking things on it.
DSC05362.jpg

Then Soleniod B and C which are both shift control solenoids are below the two nipple looking things, and are themselves nipple looking things.
DSC05363.jpg

The clutch pressure control solenoid is then located below the transmission mount.
h
DSC05365.jpg

Hopefully that helps.

Last edited:
Back