Which Exhaust is Better

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
I'm looking for something subtle and rather quiet, i've heard the WS2 on a k20 before, it sounded nice and quiet like i'd like. My question is this, compared to the WS2, how quiet is the Tanabe and is either of the two better for our car, performance wise?

white beauty

Reaction score
if u want a quiet and good looking exhaust the one that most people get for our cars in the WS2 its only really loud at WOT, and i dont mean a ricey loud either, as for the Tanabe ive heard that it can be loud and really annoying but im not totally sure, just to be safe though i would go with the WS2, im actually getting ine pretty soon.

rman402

Reaction score
I was going to make a similar post. I too am searching for a new exhaust. I am torn between Apexi or magnaflow, I'm leaning towards magnaflow because its cheaper. Anyone here have a magnaflow exhaust?? If so hows the sound I'm hoping for a nixe quiet exhaust or one with a deep tone.

98slowex

Reaction score
i have an ebay muffler that looks sorta like the ws2 that sounds really low deep tone, not noticeble at all untill like after 4k-5k rpm (still deep tone though) then when its hot(after a good 30 or so mins of driving) it gets a little bit louder...have had it for a good month now and still sounds the same as when i first got it!

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
I was going to make a similar post. I too am searching for a new exhaust. I am torn between Apexi or magnaflow, I'm leaning towards magnaflow because its cheaper. Anyone here have a magnaflow exhaust?? If so hows the sound I'm hoping for a nixe quiet exhaust or one with a deep tone.

talk to 99vtec he's selling his and i'm sure he'd tell you how it sounds

Acclude315

Reaction score
I've had a greddy evo2 on my car for about 3 years now...and i'm thinking of going for the WS2 because of the oval shape and its less noisy

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had a magnaflow, the case cracked on the welds and the packing material blew out. I have a DC sports twin loop now.

Last edited:

Sonnick

Reaction score
I have a Tanabe SMH. Honestly, before the header, it wasn't loud at all, very quiet. After the header, it got a good bit louder, but not annoying loud at all, still pretty quiet actually.

I like very quiet, which is why I bought another muffler for it. However, if you're not going to get a header and just want a nice sounding, quiet exhaust, you can't go wrong with either.

gswarriorsluvr

Reaction score
I have a Dual Exhaust 5zigen Fireball originally for the v6 but mod to fit my 98 Accord Coupe 4cyl. I have it custom with stainless steel generic 2.5" piping. This exhaust is most commonly the one all the ricers buy knock offs of. I had to have it ref'd here in California. It measured 91.5 db, max in CA is 95 db. It has a unique sound, deep tone, not ricey. If you are willing to go used, 5zigen is posted on ebay from time to time at low prices. You can buy just the axle back too for a reasonable price - $100-150.

Back