Which Hitch to get?

quadrinary

Reaction score
So I'm about to move across the country and I've decided to rent a trailer to help make the move a little easier.

I've got a '99 Accord EXV6 A/T and I'm debating what sort of hitch to get.

I know that Hidden Hitch is, well, hidden pretty well and isn't particularly obtrusive. I know Draw-Tite tends to be manufactured a little better/sturdier so I'd prefer to get one of those, but I'm not sure if it's more obtrusive/sticks out past the bumper/etc.

Anyone have experience with either of these? thoughts?

Thanks!

P.S. - Any thoughts on towing with the A/T in this car? I know they've had issues (mine's been a champ - had this car for years and have it up to 126k miles. i don't abuse it either) and i'm curious about anyone having problems with this car and a loaded trailer.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
i used the U-haul hitch when i came moved from indiana to socal... went thru colorado fine with mah 4 banger 5 spd :badger:

with ur V6, i'd suggest stopping more often for the tranny to cool down becos it WILL take a beating... a tranny cooler would help to an extent

quadrinary

Reaction score
Thanks DarkSide! your experience helps!

Any suggestions on a good tranny cooler? i've been looking at this one in particular: http://www.autocarparts.com/part/937/3/

Does anyone know how much better that is than the stock cooler? should i hook this one up in series with the stock cooler instead if totally disconnecting it as the manufacturer's directions dictate??

i used the U-haul hitch when i came moved from indiana to socal... went thru colorado fine with mah 4 banger 5 spd :badger:

with ur V6, i'd suggest stopping more often for the tranny to cool down becos it WILL take a beating... a tranny cooler would help to an extent

F23A1AT

Reaction score
ibtl_2.gif

Back