Which plan are best here?

truonghthe

Reaction score
My 99 AV6 tranny will need to be replace soon do to the final drive screw up (thank to Honda genius AT) so by next summer I have to decide as follow. And my budget will be aproximatly $12k.

1. Keep the 99 AV6 and replace it with another problematic :squintfinger:(who know how long that gona last). Price $2200 (new from dealer) or around $1500 (used with installation fee). And buy a 07 or 08 Honda CBR 600 RR around $8-$9K.

2. Do the famous $$$ 6spd swap which will cost me a fortune since I am not very machanic knowlege like Mike and don't have those tools either. Estimate price = $5K-$6K include every thing (if I am lucky enough).

3. Go out and buy a 7th AV6 coupe with 6spd around 40-85K miles (Nav will be good too) Price range between $12-$14K.

4. Go with the 03 CL-S 6spd cost around $12-$15K around my area.

BTW don't tell me to buy any FR car because I drive in the the snow too :( (where it can be tall as 3ft during the winter and no 4 banger plz like RSX-S. And i know that the 7th gen AV6 coupe got 240HP VS. CL-S with 260 HP but I am also looking at 87 vs 93 octance gas price and talking about performace AV6 is lighter than CL-S about 250 lbs. LSD vs no LSD, I test them out in GT4 between the two cars since the game suppose to be the simulator but it come pretty close in reallistic with RPM vs MPH. It look likes AV6 have 1st and 2nd gear same as CL-S but 3rd-6th are shorter, in final AV6 beat CL-S about 0.078s in 1/4 mile. I just want some thing that can out run those kids K20 SI or RSX-S. And so far my choice is the 7th AV6 6spd. So can you guy give me an idea? Any suggesstion would be appreciate, thanks.

Last edited:

iHazSnail

Reaction score
if everyone would start disposing off of things that don't work no more, would we have seen the miracle of Frankenstein? NO!
So, +1 IcyAccord :D

truonghthe

Reaction score
too bad that no one in my area want to do the swap, if you live near me Mike then I will let you do the swap.

SC2JZ300

Banned
Reaction score
Agreed with most of the guys, 6 speed it and supercharger... With probably left over money to play with.

cajun

Reaction score
"Price $2200 (new from dealer)"

That can't be the installed dealer price, right?

Back