Whine from amplified speakers

BOBwinkal

Reaction score
if all this doesnt help, look into buying a "ground loop isolator". It basically is another filter that will remove the alternator whine.

wsdrummer06

Reaction score
Idk if you've figured it out yet but I got a loud whine when I accudently ran the power and remote wires on the same side of the car

LeAccord

Reaction score
So at last I have finished installing everything and diagnosing the problem.. It had nothing to do with my ground. Im 80% sure its the new cheap RCA cable im using.

Was moving wires around behind the head unit and noticed that the whine stopped and came on again depending on how the RCA cable is positioned.. Will buy another better quality cable to replace it soon. But as of now there is no whine, but i'm sure it'll come back on if the cable is positioned differently..

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Good discovery, Alex. Let's hope that's the problem.
if all this doesnt help, look into buying a "ground loop isolator". It basically is another filter that will remove the alternator whine.
I remember that I used to have this for my amps, when I couldn't eliminate the noise back in the day.

Imo, this isn't the best solution, b/c it can also filters the necessary signal from your unit, unless you get a high quality filter.

P.s. from your PM: Yes its Pho, not Phoa lol.

gt58

Reaction score
So at last I have finished installing everything and diagnosing the problem.. It had nothing to do with my ground. Im 80% sure its the new cheap RCA cable im using.

Was moving wires around behind the head unit and noticed that the whine stopped and came on again depending on how the RCA cable is positioned.. Will buy another better quality cable to replace it soon. But as of now there is no whine, but i'm sure it'll come back on if the cable is positioned differently..

same ****s happening right now on my rockford amp. its not the rcas but the thing they are plugged in to. i jammed my kenwood remote under the rcas to prop them up and it stops the high frequency noise. some of my friends cant even hear it thats how high pitch the noise is. i wonder if rockford might be able to fix it for free

LeAccord

Reaction score
So you're saying its the amp RCA inputs that's causing the problem? It's the inputs behind the head unit that are causing my problem .. I'm just gonna get new RCA cables anyway.. I don't see how it's the actual input that's the problem because this is my second head unit . But I'll see what happens when I wiggle the RCA cable that's connected to the amp.

619rcr

Reaction score
How are you hooked up to the headunit? Is it a stock radio with speaker wire to RCA adapter? Or aftermarket radio with RCA outputs? My first amp hookup back in the day used the speaker wire input to RCA output and it whined bad.

Also try isolating your power wires from the RCAs. I was taught to run the Power wire on one side of the Car & the RCA & speaker wires on the other side. Also try a shielded RCA like Monster cable with a signal ground.

LeAccord

Reaction score
It's an aftermarket double din. My wires are as separated as I can get them to be. As I have an amp under each seat I have power wires running on both sides of the car and I have my RCA, remote/signal and speaker wire down the centre.
I cut and spliced the speaker wires on the head unit harness rather than deal with trying to run the wire directly to the speakers nearby the power wires or up through the roof lining and through the rubber door hinge thing. Saves a lot of effort.

Back