why you shouldn't overheat your engine

F23A1AT

Reaction score
ba5a8de6.jpg

Isn't it purdy? Stuff is caked all over like glue. :sad:

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Till I figured out why the engine wouldn't come back after shutting it down for a few minutes. About a thousand miles or so. Still ran nice and smooth until I took it out.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Shucks...out of simple curiosity didn't you notice the temp needle rising before it got to muy calienete?

...Quick question on somewhat similar topic though...about a week ago i was checking all the fluids and what-not and noticed the coolant was on low...as in lower then minimum and maybe 5-6mm left in the white-reservoir. I topped it off and i've kept checking it and it's been allright buttttt...can coolant evaporate and disappear just like that?? or would it mean that there's a leak somewhere either internally or externally of the engine???

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
Yep for about 9 miles of interstate before I caught it. A/C got hot and I smelled coolant then saw my gauge peaked at the top :(

I had harsher words when I saw it LOL.

thank god i don't run coolant anymore. my water just evaporates without a trace.......except for the rust it leaves behind

but yeah man, i overheated a few times before. couldn't really tell until i smelled coolant aswell, once the cel came on for overheated, lol

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Shucks...out of simple curiosity didn't you notice the temp needle rising before it got to muy calienete?

...Quick question on somewhat similar topic though...about a week ago i was checking all the fluids and what-not and noticed the coolant was on low...as in lower then minimum and maybe 5-6mm left in the white-reservoir. I topped it off and i've kept checking it and it's been allright buttttt...can coolant evaporate and disappear just like that?? or would it mean that there's a leak somewhere either internally or externally of the engine???

The gauge works when it wants to. Althought a good slap on the dash straightened it out from time to time.

As for the coolant loss on you car. I would just keep an eye on it. Check it often, but uh make sure you put the cap back on.

Latest posts

Back