Wicked Burnout=New clutch.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
So..Finally beat my car past its limits this morning. :(
Did a 1st-3rd gear burnout and fried my clutch.I can still drive it,but like a granny. Already have a new one ordered and be installed hopefully latest Thursday. Wanted to get some Ideas on what people have spent on this.
I took it to the place who did my turbo,so I know i spent more than I probably needed too,but the 1 day turn around sounded good at the time.

labor:Remove,replace clutch:$ 350
Resurface Flywheel:$100
Spec Stage 3 clutch $399.95
shop supplies and fluid:$20.00

**The clutch is a Factory OEM clutch with more than atleast 25,000+ miles on it(12,000 with turbo) and Who knows howmany before I bought the car.**

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Time to get some internals experience.. Sucks about the clutch, but you will enjoy replacing it yourself and it will help in the future. If shop is doing it, damn that's cheap! $350 for clutch job wow! I paid $550 labor for my upgrade in Maine a few years back.. and I also supplied the parts which cost $450. They also changed my slave cylinder and charged me $55, which isn't bad.

Just remember not to tear on it - 500 mile break-in period when it's new! Don't glaze it over.

Last edited:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Thanks man.I Wouldn't know where to begin with this,So i am having the performance shop do it for me.there less than 20miles down the road anyways.
So looks like I got a reasonable deal. Good to hear it.

I had my master,slave and the hardlines replaced back in 07'.

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
Do what Nikita said, be reallyyyyyyy easy on it for 500 miles and vary the driving (city, short trips, long trips, not too much highway since it's not being used) so you dont ruin the clutch, especially since you are pushing significantly more power than stock.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
well that sucks because i drive about 20miles on the highway to work everyday(starting 31st) to the new location..

Back