Will ceramic headers crack with header wrap on them

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
do you race your car? do you race it a lot? do you take it to redline a lot? do you beat the hell out of it? then from personal experience, NO. it won't crack...at least not as fast as you think it might.

i had DC Sports ceramic coated header in my 4 banger with an AEM SRI. why? because the ceramic produced less engine bay heat than the SS Megan header i had, thereby decreasing hot air being sucked in by the SRI.

i raced the 4 banger at a track for 2 hours for 2 days, redlining, doing about 100+ abusing the hell out of the engine, plus a road trip from Miami to Virginia, and back, plus 2 years worth of driving prior to that event, and there was not even the slightest sign of cracking.

add the fact that i was running nitrous in that car with the ceramic coated header for 6 months on a 55 wet shot, and the header was fine.

MY personal experience leads me to believe if you don't race your car everyday, if it's not spraying 75 shot of nitrous every weekend, if you don't redline all the time, you'll be fine. people say that ceramics crack because people who race a lot or beat the hell out of their cars produce excessive stress on the header dur to excessive heat continually, but if you drive normal with the occasional fun you'll be fine.

Back