Window tint

Matt1264

Reaction score
Ok so im going to tint my windows soon, but i have no idea what percent to get so im looking for a little help. I want to go with lighter in the front than the backs. Im trying to not go so dark that I draw attention from cops but just pushing that limit. So on a scale from light>dark im thinking light/medium in the front and medium/dark in the back if that makes any sense to you guys. Any help/recommendations are appreciated and sorry for the lousy descriptions. Oh and if you could post what percent your tint is so i can see that might help as well. Thanks!

agginline86

Reaction score
i've got 15 in the back and 30 on my front
check out other members' rides and see what you like
search is your friend

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
35 % on all.

It's metered at 25% cause the factory glass is 90%.

948EFE34-C5F5-40FD-A77A-1EC77B8B00CA-36400-00008E84D09EA875.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Look up state law so you know the legal limit, then go from there.

I have 35% all around. Legal limit here is 50% front driver/pass window, and whatever rearward. But I personally don't like when tint doesn't match so I just sort of met in the middle. I wish I would have gone darker though, especially with a tan interior. I see cars everywhere, even cars sold off showroom floors, that have darker tint. And cops in Ohio don't care about it.

There are a few other threads on tint, and check members rides.

Last edited:

noelaorozco

Reaction score
i got 5% on all back windows and 15% on driver and passenger windows. Love it, sometimes wish i would of gone with 10 or 5% up front also though. Ive had it for a little over a year and a half with no tickets, even though i live in Cali. Sometimes i do have to roll down the passenger when when im backing up at night to see the mirror but its all worth it!

agginline86

Reaction score
for california you cant have any tint on the windshield and front windows
the back can be as dark as you want

if you're going to tint the front i would do it lighter than the back
so at first glance it may appear that your front windows arent tinted
I've had mine tinted for almost a year now and have never been pulled over
I do have a friend who frequently gets pulled over (and lives in the same area) for his tint but he has 15% all around

it's usually more noticeable at night if your fronts are tinted, driving with the front windows down would obviously help too

Matt1264

Reaction score
Yeah thanks for your help guys. I have searched but its impossible to really see from pictures online so this was the best way to go. I will definitely be going with lighter in the front than the back so does appear that the fronts aren't tinted. As far as legalities go im sure i will be going past the legal limit however most cops wont pull you over for it unless its like limo/really obvious or you look suspicious and they just need a reason to pull you over. And I wont be tinting the windshield for many reasons. Anyways Im thinking 25% rear and maybe 35-40% front.

Back