window tinting

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to window tinting, could someone pass some pointers this way(other than the obvious). It seems simple enough but I've seen the ghetto jobs that are all wrinkled/bubbly in the harsh Florida sun.

Last edited:

russiansohcf23

Reaction score
ohh man. I dont know of any good places up there. But if you ever are around the Miami area, I highly suggest to go on bird road and there are tint shops after tint shops. I know because thats where I took my Dads TL to get it done and it came out great.

tnguyen600

Reaction score
Why do you want to do it yourself? (just curious) Sometimes its just easier to let someone else do it. A lot of times when people do it themselves, it turns out purple or something else goes wrong.

silverbullet99

Reaction score
the side windows are easy but the rear window on the 6thgens is a major pain in the ***. I took my whole rear deck apart and speakers out. the 4dr rear windows aren't as bad but the coupes suuuck. if you're going to do it yourself, buy a bottle of tint spray. DONT use soap and water, it'll come out horrible. I used the 6'' roll of tint on the back window because it's so curved. It came out pretty good but then again, this was the 5th tint job I've done. If it's your first time tinting, don't expect it to come out perfect.

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
it takes lots of mistake to make it look good...

and what silverbullet said... buy the tint spray... works much better...

I can do windows almost perfect but took me like 5-6 times... with wasting lots of film... but then again... i have box full of film LOL... got em from a friend for free... i think still have about 20 rolls in my garage...

gonna try some more when have time...

F23A1AT

Reaction score
I want to try and do it myself to save $100-150 dollars, Its really expensive. There are several shops in Gainesville that I have been to and they all ask for 100-150 bones on average, plus if I can learn to do it really good it will be extra money in mah pockets :deal:

finch13

Reaction score
I dunno, I considered it once because I DIY everything and this is the one thing I won't touch. A good film is not cheap, and is even more expensive if you **** up and have to get more. Any friends willing to let you practice on their cars with cheap film?

Medium quality film tint job here is about $250 for 5 windows, not a bad deal at all and they can do it pretty fast.

750chop

Reaction score
F-that. Ive done many tint jobs and you couldnt pay me to do it anymore, my tint guy down here will do any 4 dr vehicle for 130-150 and u can sit there and watch him, makes it look like hes makin a pb and j sandwich.

Back