window tinting

Reaction score
Save yourself the head-ache and frustration. Have a professional do it a make sure you are getting some kind of warranty. TRUST ME.

eggs

Reaction score
I agree 100% tried doing it before just a big pain in the ***

jgo86x

Reaction score
I did my own tints, 35% in front and 20% in back and rear windshield. Tints from walmart.

First I did the rear windows only. Then I did the rear windshield and messed up and gave up. A few months later I did the front windows. Then I noticed the rear windows arent clear because it's metalized, so I changed that to 20% non-metalized. Then I tried the rear windshield again with 20% non-metalized.

Then a few months later I redid the rear windshield with a better quality tint from GeoWindowFilms, which holds up pretty good (started April till now still nice and black), but I messed up in one corner and has a crease.

Then just today I decided to redo the front windows cuz they turned purple (old tints from walmart) and use the GeoWindowsFilm tints. I successfully did the left front window and messed up 2 times in the right one cuz of the stupid wind and sun.

I dont even want to calculate how much I spent, but probably better off if I let a pro did it in the beginning. Not that my tint job is terrible, but the lack of availability of good quality tint, time consuming, and weather sensitivity (unless u can do it indoors) make it a DIY not worth it. So long story short, have a pro do it and a piece of mind.

kn0x47

Reaction score
dang

i bought some precut window tint from rvinyl but decided it wasnt worth the hassle and had a pro put real tint on instead. i'm very satisfied with how it looks

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
It can be done best by a professional. I got mine done flawlessly for $100 using lifetime warranty llumar tint. Do it right and make sure they use llumar with lifetime warranty!

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
precut tint is such bull****. such a gimmick.

seriously, just go have someone who knows how to do it, do it. first time diy-er results are going to be less than satisfactory, i can guarantee it.

sikjdm

Reaction score
the side windows are easy but the rear window on the 6thgens is a major pain in the ***. I took my whole rear deck apart and speakers out. the 4dr rear windows aren't as bad but the coupes suuuck. if you're going to do it yourself, buy a bottle of tint spray. DONT use soap and water, it'll come out horrible. I used the 6'' roll of tint on the back window because it's so curved. It came out pretty good but then again, this was the 5th tint job I've done. If it's your first time tinting, don't expect it to come out perfect.

um, no.

soap and water is one of the best solutions to use when tinting mainly because when you lay the tint down, you can maneuver a lot more and when the tint cures, less bubbles to have to dry out. use palmolive (orange). the mixture is important also but i really do now know a way of explaining it to you.

if you could explain how using soap and water will make it come out horrible, i would like to know

fyi, for the people who think that the tint turns purple because the person did a bad job tinting it, incorrect. the reason it turns purple is because of the ****ty tint the tinter uses.

use quality tint if you are going to tint. ( llumar,madico,suntec, etc)

sw2oboi

Reaction score
um, no.

soap and water is one of the best solutions to use when tinting mainly because when you lay the tint down, you can maneuver a lot more and when the tint cures, less bubbles to have to dry out. use palmolive (orange). the mixture is important also but i really do now know a way of explaining it to you.

if you could explain how using soap and water will make it come out horrible, i would like to know

fyi, for the people who think that the tint turns purple because the person did a bad job tinting it, incorrect. the reason it turns purple is because of the ****ty tint the tinter uses.

use quality tint if you are going to tint. ( llumar,madico,suntec, etc)

+1

soap and water IS what the professionals use, and tints that turn purple IS due to the cheap material. the shops who offer LIFETIME WARRENTY use better tint which last approx 5-7 years. by that time people prob sold their cars or lost their reciept.

to tint you would need to clean ur glass well with a razor blade and try your best to keep lint away, the hardest part hands down is cutting the tint, and hardest piece to install on our cars is the rear window, you could use some help from others to help hold up the tint

other key tools needed are several thin sharp razor blades, squeegee, heat gun/blow dryer, blow torch.

sikjdm

Reaction score
and one more thing, i know this isn't to referring to the OP..

THE EASIEST WAY TO PEEL TINT IS TO GET A STEAMER AND SLOWLY GRAB ONE CORNER AND PEEL THE TINT DIAGONALLY, HEATING THE AREA THAT THE TINT IS PEELING OFF OF THE WINDOW!!!!

i have seen a couple threads made just to ask the easiest way to peel tint. everyone else, you guys are more than welcome to quote this for your response if another is made.

:booty:

F23A1AT

Reaction score
and one more thing, i know this isn't to referring to the OP..

THE EASIEST WAY TO PEEL TINT IS TO GET A STEAMER AND SLOWLY GRAB ONE CORNER AND PEEL THE TINT DIAGONALLY, HEATING THE AREA THAT THE TINT IS PEELING OFF OF THE WINDOW!!!!

i have seen a couple threads made just to ask the easiest way to peel tint. everyone else, you guys are more than welcome to quote this for your response if another is made.

:booty:

Is there any tint on our windows from the factory cause my car is bright as fawk. but yeah keep these coming they are all things to consider.

Back