Windshield wiper toggle issue...

Nissan2anAccord

Reaction score
so idk if anyone else is having this issue but when i go to use my windshield wipers theres a sometimes (often) delay before the wipers start actually operating... is this an issue with the relay or something else entirely?

if someone could help me figure this issue out it would be greatly appreciated for those sudden down pours...

by the way... wipers work instantaniously if i turn it on before i tumble the key in the ignition... so idk :explode:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If you’re stopped the wipers stop working at whatever speed you had them set at and operate at the low speed because you may have speed sensitive wipers. Then when you start moving there is a small delay and then they should kick on again. The delay shouldn’t be that long though.

You could just use the mist function mid-delay to get one wipe, then let them resume on their own a second later.

Nissan2anAccord

Reaction score
but see, ive tried that and if and when it does work it only makes them jump like 6inch off the bottom of the window... its quite depressing to see her be such a gimp about something so simple... and yes my wipers are speed sensitive...

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Sound slike it might be a wiper motor issue, or check the bolts that hold the wipers on, there could be an issue with those.

Nissan2anAccord

Reaction score
no, i tightened those up a while ago cause when they do operate, they operate just fine... i fully believe this is electrical and possibly a fluke with my car...

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Guess it could be the wiper motors then. I'd have someone sit in the car and hit the mist switch while you're standing outside and lean down to hear if the motor is straining. Though if they work normally once they get going, then that wouldn't be it.

Nissan2anAccord

Reaction score
yeah, no strain on the motor... is there a computer or relay between the switch on the steering colum and the wiper motor? perhaps that is sticking?

Back