Wings West sedan side skirts on a coupe.....???

CHID0

Reaction score
I'm looking into getting a CF WW sedan style front lip, and I'm going to get the coupe rear but I can't find any sideskirts I like. Can anyone give me some insight on how I can mod the WW sedan sides to fit my coupe. Is it possible? Or could someone suggest another type of skirt that will "flow" well between the front and rear?

Thanks guys :peace:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
i see some problems here:

1. front sedan lip will not fit on a coupe without modifications... and modifying a cf lip ain't gonna be pretty

2. coupe sides are longer than sedans... u'll have to chop off the end and make an extension to make it fit perfectly... WW kits are polyeurethane (sp?) and those r difficult to work on

i suggest the coupe WW sides and front with some sort of front lip.... or kaminari sides and rear are nice too imo.. btw, someone on v6p is selling his WW coupe kit

CHID0

Reaction score
DarkSideAccord said:
i see some problems here:

1. front sedan lip will not fit on a coupe without modifications... and modifying a cf lip ain't gonna be pretty

2. coupe sides are longer than sedans... u'll have to chop off the end and make an extension to make it fit perfectly... WW kits are polyeurethane (sp?) and those r difficult to work on

i suggest the coupe WW sides and front with some sort of front lip.... or kaminari sides and rear are nice too imo.. btw, someone on v6p is selling his WW coupe kit

Thanks for the input....the front lip is Seibon and its made for a coupe just modeled after the sedan one.

I'm really not a fan of the coupe WW sides or front. The rear is fine though. The Kaminari sides aren't bad but i dont think it will flow with the front and rear.

theaccordian

Reaction score
why not just swap a sedan bumper and slap on the lip, it should work cuz the bumpers are supposedly intechangeable.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
theaccordian said:
why not just swap a sedan bumper and slap on the lip, it should work cuz the bumpers are supposedly intechangeable.

he would need the reinforcement bar, front bumper and sedan hood to do tht...

chido: my bad abt the front lip... if it's made for the coupe, tht's cool... as for sides, i can't think of many clean ones for the coupe except kaminari and WW.. sorry

talontsiawd

Reaction score
What material are the sides made out of? I believe that they are urathane which can pose alot of issues. You really need to plastic weld them if you cut them and then do your typical body work like filler. You can try a strong (very strong) epoxy but you need to definatly reinforce it. It might work.

Nemo619

Reaction score
DarkSideAccord said:
he would need the reinforcement bar, front bumper and sedan hood to do tht...

chido: my bad abt the front lip... if it's made for the coupe, tht's cool... as for sides, i can't think of many clean ones for the coupe except kaminari and WW.. sorry

I thought the reinforcement bar was needed when doing the sedan front end to coupe swap.

CHID0

Reaction score
Wow seems like alot of work but i really really like the sedan sides. :(

talontsiawd

Reaction score
CHID0 said:
Wow seems like alot of work but i really really like the sedan sides. :(
I'm looking at sedan sides too so if i ever get around to doing it, i'll probably do a DIY. I'm trying to buy a paint gun right now though so that is going to set me back. If i do it, it will be this summer.

Back