Wobble while under load - New axle

TACORICAN

Reaction score
My car has this nasty wobble that gets worse everyday. The mechanic looked at it and told me its the drive side axle. This axle was replaced 15K miles ago. So now I'm worried about buying cheap axles. This one was made in Taiwan apparently brand new instead of rebuilt.

Where can I get good axles that wont break the bank?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Not sure if getting one from a scrap yard is an option, but just because it may be from a scrapped Accord, doesn't mean you will have issues.

I would just recommend trying to get it from a recently acquired one, rather than a car that has been sitting for months or longer.

nsjames

Reaction score
these:
http://www.cardone.com/English/Club/Select/Drivetrain.asp

are here:
www.rockauto.com

and I've had good luck with a pair of them in my wife's camry. Going on nearly 30K miles on the replacement halfshafts. They're about $50 a side+shipping (about 25 bucks for two shafts) They seemed well made when I installed them, new stub shaft nut was a plus. Splines were clean and properly formed.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
just put in a new cardone select last week or 2 weeks ago :lawl: no noises yet...

they were out of the rebuilds and i needed one right then...lifetime warranty, which i never like.

as for what else to get, there's not many choices. most of the aftermarket ones are made by cardone. you may have to do some calling around to smaller stores (not autozone, oreillys, etc) to find a non-cardone. perhaps TAS Auto? theirs are like $70 each but i dont know the brand off hand.

TACORICAN

Reaction score
I can't find Cardone's near me. I'm just afraid of getting ones that will break too soon. Thanks for all the replies

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
I just get the ones from advance cause they have a warrenty that way when they break I can just get a new one for free. Its only worth it if you can change your own axles though since the labor can get expensive paying someone else to do it.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
thats why i hate lifetime warranty...anything. make it right the first time, and if its going to fail its going to fail within the first year...or even in the first month. it shouldn't be "when it fails, ill warranty it out." i only want a year warranty for that reason.

i don't want to have to replace the axle multiple times, you know? even if it is free (and my labor is free).

nsjames

Reaction score
I'm the kind of guy that makes the parts counter guy go and get me the different ones and I pick what looks the best made. The cardone ones seemed the best choice from a pile of crap. I wish I could have put Toyota OEM on my wifes Camry, but they wanted an awful lot of money. Its a gamble with all of the aftermarket pieces.

Back