Won't start after cranking

shueher

Reaction score
After trying to start my car, it was cranking but won't turn over. Trying to switch it to neutral and start it and it won't work.then switched it back to park and now the car doesn't crank. But it would click alot. The battery was replaced and it still just clicks. Got the starter checked out and it was fine. The D4 light will flash ONCE and stay on for a couple seconds, when I'm trying to start it. Thinking that the Transmission might be engaged to the flywheel that's why it is not crankingand that's why it might be in gear? And that the cause might be from the neutral safety switch? I did have a P0705 and 6 code before the car died.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
The flywheel is bolted to the crank with ~6 m12s, so you have big probs if the engine don't turn.

Suck-air in
Squish-compression
Bang-spark and fuel
Blow-exhaust

What is it missing.

shueher

Reaction score
The engine seems find. Always do my oil change on time. It was cranking mins before it stopped cranking. That was after I shifted it to neutral and back to Park. Now it wouldn't crank. I didnt mean flywheel, I meant like the clutch is probably engaged to the flywheel and it wont turn over because it is in gear? The car is also parked up hill

shueher

Reaction score
Just rotated the motor and it rotated fine. But the car is in Park and the wheel are rotatable? Aren't the wheel supposed to be lock in Park?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
A v6 auto has no flywheel or clutch.

One wheel is not locked, differential.

The other spins backward.

shueher

Reaction score
Ok..why doesn't it crank still? Only clicking. The clicking is from the starter motor.

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
You said you had the starter checked out, how did you determine it was in working condition?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Yup, measure resistance from starter big wire to ground, have someone click starter while you watch, drop? No? Bad solenoid switch.

shueher

Reaction score
Everything functions. But have do that yet. I will try that. My battery cables are kind of corroded too.

Back