won't start

Red6THgEN

Reaction score
whats up guys im having a similiar problem to that i put the key to on and i dont hear my pump whining but its weird because usually when u switch the key to on the dash lights all turn on and my cel light stays off and thats when it doesnt whine ..... at times i have no problem turning it on as long as the cel light switches on when i turn the key the fuel pump whines like normal and i recently replaced it about 2 weeks ago ....could it be my relay ? need some help ive been having to wait 20 30 minutes at times to start it. til that cel light turns on and its pretty annoying after a while if u know wat i mean

DrocCa89

Reaction score
Are all of your fuses good? hows the battery? check the easy stuff first before diving in for the fuel pump.

mraw112

Reaction score
If your fuel pump isnt pumping its most likely one of 3 things.
1- your fuel pumps dead
2- your main relays messed up.
3- there is a 15 amp fuse under the hood fuse box and i think its called ACS or something.
and there is a fuel pump fuse.

The way I check my fuel pump is get a battery, probably between 3 and 9 volts, and hook it up to the terminals of the fuel pump in the trunk. polarity doesn't really matter since your just checking to see if it works. If your hear it pumping well its either a fuse or the main relay. I think there is also a way to short the main relay for diagnosis, but i dont know how.

Back