won't start

thomas!!

Reaction score
well if you guys remember, a short while ago i was in an accident...
The day of, it started fine, but now it won't start. Its a 98 EX coupe, 5spd.
The engine turns over and all, but no start.
I even tried to clutch start it, but that didn't help... All the accessories work and what not...
Anybody got any suggestions?

thomas!!

Reaction score
Yeah, there is a half tank of gas, and the thing that gets me is that it started right after teh accident... But won't now... it sounds like its not getting any fuel, but like i said there's half tank there..
the first thing i thought was an emergency fuel cut-off, but couldn't find one....

And how do i check spark??

nexTOme

Reaction score
ok, you need 3 things for engine to start....
air, fuel, spark....

air - obviously you should be getting air unless you have like...plastic wrap over your intake mani.

fuel - this happened to me before...just because you have gas in tank doesnt mean the engine's getting fuel....listen for the hissing sound when you put key into ON position...if you dont, something's up with your fuel pump

spark - as someone mentioned above, check dizzy, plug cable, plug.....

misc. - starter? battery? electrical connections? alt.? fuse? main relay?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
ok, well, just cuz you have gas in the tank, doesnt mean that your motor is actually getting it. when you turn the car to ON, not try to start it, but just to ON, do you hear a small whine of the fuel pump priming? if not then your motor isnt getting fuel and your half tank of gas is sitting there, doing nothing.

nexTOme

Reaction score
ok, well, just cuz you have gas in the tank, doesnt mean that your motor is actually getting it. when you turn the car to ON, not try to start it, but just to ON, do you hear a small whine of the fuel pump priming? if not then your motor isnt getting fuel and your half tank of gas is sitting there, doing nothing.

i thot you quoted me but erased 'quote' command or something.....

cpoy cat :darryl:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
haha, i didnt read the rest of the thread, i just saw how he was insisting his car was gettin gas due to having half a tank of gas :rofl:

thomas!!

Reaction score
sorry that i gave the impretion that its getting gas... i should have just said that its available...
My thing is why did it start the day of the accident and wont anymore...
other than the accident nothing was done different.

nexTOme

Reaction score
impact could have cause many things....

Back