Wood interior or etc.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Di-Noc presents challenges as well, but if you are willing to put in the work, then go for it.

bdeitmeyer and 99cfenvy all have examples of CF/Di-Noc results, and can tell you the challenges they pose.

Brad (or 99cfenvy), if you are reading this thread...can you fill us in on the challenges please?

Honestly, I thought it was the easiest stuff in the world to work with, lol. People wrap dash pieces in it all the time. If I can do my car's grille without any problem (see sig) then dash pieces should be cake.

:hide:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Brad (or 99cfenvy), if you are reading this thread...can you fill us in on the challenges please?

Eh, Brad = Bdeitmeyer.

Chris = 99cfEnvY.

I'd love to see some info on that as well from people who have done it, I have considered doing the di-noc.

Mikey

Reaction score
I picked up the HVAC surround, in woodgrain, from H-and-A, and it was just a stick on piece of thin plastic. I thought it would be a replacement piece. Nope.

xx24xx

Reaction score
Yup, I know who Brad is. I bought some rims from him a few years ago.

You can buy the di-noc online. If you google, results will come.

ShutOutTheSky

Reaction score
Just ordered 2 samples from 3M of ME-379 (looks like brushed graphite) pretending to be a business. Has anyone ever done this? How big of a sample should I expect to be getting?

Also, does anyone know where to buy less standard finishes without ordering from 3M? eBay and Google have got me nowhere with ME-379...

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Wanna tell me what brushed graphite looks like??

Anyways... for anyone wanting "brushed" aluminum (or steel, titanium, etc) vinyl, check out 3M's Scotchprint 1080 series. That's the sh*t you want.

Metrorestyling.com has it

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I have seen this grille that Kevin speaks of.......quality.

End. of. Story.

I would go the di-noc route as well. I just remember Brad saying that for the dash, it was challenging.

Back