working out and supplements

honda_dude

Reaction score
What kind of supplements do u guys take?

i am trying to gain weight and gain muscle...what should i take??

i have been ready alot about whey protein, creatine and etc. but i still dont get it.

5spdcoupe

Reaction score
Theres a million suppliments out there that can help you out or that you can just waste your money on. But theres a few that are most important and have been tried and proven:

-Eat! Get enough healthy calories, if you don't eat enough you'll never get great gains even with the best suppliments.
-Whey protein
-Multivitamin
-Creatine monohydrate-> personally I don't take creatine tho.

Basic summary of the suppliments: Your muscles need protein to grow and repair, thats why people take protein shakes after working out, to supply your body with enough to make the repairs. The multivitamins besides just being good for you, also help in muscle repair and energy etc. Creatine helps your muscles retain water and increases the energy available to the muscle, you'll get some gains in strength and size while you are on it. Just make sure you drink enough water if you plan on taking it.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You coulda just asked this in the workout krew thread. Plenty of discussion about supplements in there.

00AccordLX5spd

Reaction score
Yeah ^ that's kind of why I didn't respond initially.
I used to take a lot of stuf though. I got good results from taking good quality Whey Protein Isolate (not the cheap sh!t), Creatine with a transport system (such as Cell Tech) and I also used to take testosterone boosters (some andro based and some not.)
Here's some of what I will be taking in the near future (but definitely not all at the same time - I value my kidneys):
-Some form of high quality Whey Protein
-Creatine (I'll probably buy the cheap old Creatine monohydrate and mix it with white grape juice for an insulin spike. I recently read up on creatine supplements and found the "transport systems" are overrated)
-SuperPump250 (or something comparable - i.e. Fusion Force or N.O. Plasmacore)
-High Potency Amino Acid such as MuscleTech's Leukic
-Beta Alanine (when mixed with creatine it has recently shown good results in test subjects)

Go to prosource.net and order a free catalog. They have pretty good explanations of how stuff works in there along with actual test results on certain supplements. Just don't always buy ProSource brand stuff - of course they will say their stuff is the best.

honda_dude

Reaction score
I am thinking about doing 100% Whey Protein and BSN No-Xplode

Back