Would still get the same drop if springs diff?

JDMFanatik

Reaction score
hello 6thgen well i recentently got my Ksport Springs and now im a bit concerned...on the box it said 6cyl (im 4cyl) so i called the company and ask them if it would make a difference that im 4 cyl and the springs said 6cyl. so they said it wouldnt make "to much difference" so i still wansnt convinced. so i searched all around the web and looked for k spings and they all say "Ksport GT Lowerig Springs Accord 98-02 (Front: 2.5" Rear: 2.25")" but on all of them they never specify if its for a 6 or 4 cyl.. so if were to put these springs on my 4 cyl. even though i know the spring rate is diff cuz of the 6cyl would i still have the same 2.5 drop? thanx

Last edited:

ccordex00

Reaction score
you'll probably be a lil higher up front, it shouldn't make a big difference...but just to make sure...double check before u do anything...
here's a chart from tein, you can see the difference of drop between the 4 and 6 cyl...I hope it helps

nexTOme

Reaction score
^^^ higher up front? as in ride height? i dont think so.....:thinking:

if two different springs gives you same drop, then thats the drop you're gonn get.

in your case, amount of drop you get from springs that were meant to used in V6 is still gonn be same (technically speaking, the difference in engine weight will probably give you a bit 'less' drop than what it supposed to, but this is like what.....very very tiny tiny bit you wont even notice.....)

now, different spring rate? we're talking about some of ride quality difference as well as cornering behavior such as more of understeer compare to if you were to use softer springs in the front.......(assuming rear spring rate stays the same + dampening level is same)

we wont be taking 90degree corners @ 80mph....LOL there shouldnt be difference/problem for you to use those V6 springs on I4......GL with everything :thumbsup:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
it will be higher in the front becos the v6 motors are heavier than the I4 motor... spring rates r prob different too, but nothing too alarming

nyknick1015

Reaction score
^^^^ what he said... the front would have a higher spring rate to tend to the larger engine but it shouldnt be too much... if ur goin 2.5 then u have nothing to worry about

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I doubt the weight would make any noticeable difference in height. The springs rates will probably be different. Some manufactures make springs that are just for 98-02 accords, reguardless of engine, you use the same springs. My concern would be spring rate over height but i don't know the difference in rate so that might not matter much at all.

Back