wrinkle paint

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
as u guys know, i'm repainting my valve cover soon... i went to Hom Depot last nite (before the stupid accident on my front lip :furious: ) to look for the wrinkle paint.... well, they didn't have any... they only have hi-temp spray cans in normal/glossy finish.... so, where can i get some? i know accord99 did his a long time ago with wrinkle paint

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
most rattle-can paint can withstand up to 200 F according to the instructions.... dun think tht's high enough, or is it? and is it called wrinkle paint per say?

dynasty

Reaction score
if your car is an I4, you probably need a high-temp paint but if your v6 like me, i don't think high-temp would matter since it's painting on plastic.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
mine's an I4.... and i'm pretty sure i need hi-temp cos the vc gets pretty hot... i'll try pepboys.... if i need to buy it online, i'll just powdercoat it *sigh*

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Autozone, Advance should have it. Your valve cover gets hot, but not that hot. I don't have high temp paint on mine and it holds up fine.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I don't even have automotive paint, i have some rustolium and it's holding up fine. It's only been a month maybe but it's either going to burn up right away or not. But i know many people who have used regular paint. Infact i've had more trouble with high temp paint because it takes so long to cure. You'll be fine.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
ic ic... so just get regular non hi-temp wrinkle paint then? (try saying tht 10 times quickly :p) i'll try out a couple stores when i'm free

scrappys64

Reaction score
I got this from VHT paint web site.. :thumbsup:

VHT Wrinkle Plus combines strong colors with a deep rich texture for a custom look. It is temperature resistant to 350F (176C) and is ideal for adding a touch of personal styling to almost any metal surface. VHT Wrinkle Plus resists color fading, grease, degreasers and severe weather conditions. This tough durable finish is extremely resistant to rust, corrosion, chipping and cracking.

Back