xluben's 99 lx sedan (4cyl, manual) UPDATED 05/15/07

dynasty

Reaction score
Quicksilvercord said:
A couple years? I'd just save up a while longer and get the shocks if it was me.

i would start saving for shocks/struts while you lower it with pro-kits. i just recently lower mine with pro-kits. this was my biggest investment in my car project which scarred me. LOL. no more money for car.. for now..

Twobit

Reaction score
Stop buying everything thats perfectly USELESS for your car and spend a bit more time thinking about suspension, time and time again have people told other people to drop it. You don't need new IMO ugly lights, you need more performance and look, which is captured believe it or not by just purchasing some necessary springs. Eichbach sportlines are what I previously owned, Im getting my cousin to buy a set for his 98, and you should definetly consider. Sell those alien headlights of yours, slap the stocks in and use that money toward necessary parts

xluben

Reaction score
Twobit said:
Stop buying everything thats perfectly USELESS for your car and spend a bit more time thinking about suspension, time and time again have people told other people to drop it. You don't need new IMO ugly lights, you need more performance and look, which is captured believe it or not by just purchasing some necessary springs. Eichbach sportlines are what I previously owned, Im getting my cousin to buy a set for his 98, and you should definetly consider. Sell those alien headlights of yours, slap the stocks in and use that money toward necessary parts

"necessary" ?

i don't plan on driving around corners at 60 mph.

a drop would be primarily for looks, and sportlines also require shocks/camber kits, which put them out of the range i'd like to spend.

plus my stock headlights were not in good shape so i needed new ones anyways, and i happen to like tyc's.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Twobit said:

I thought we tried to stay away from telling people how to hook up their cars on this site. Thats why this site is so enjoyable to post on and thats why everyone gets along. If everyone hooked up their cars the way one or two people TOLD them to, we would all look a like.

To each his own.

patofdzb

Reaction score
^^^ i say the same, to each his own, plus if you dont like something, just dont say anything about it..

anyways, the cars looking good, I agree that a CF hood would look nice, plus with the gunmetal wheels, it'll even look better. :D

theskytraveler

Reaction score
Everyone here has an opinion and we all know that. It depends on how you approach your car or project. Some tend to focus on performance some tend to focus on audio and video and show car stuff. Others like to do a little of both. Some of us have deep pockets and some of us are on a budget.

If you're into performance (engine and suspension) then I say go for it

If you're into the Audio and video sound systems then I say go for it

If you're into accessorizing your car whether interior or exterior then go for it

To each their own. Everyone here starts somewhere.

I like everyone's projects here. Each of the member's rides are different expressing their style and what not. I personally like xluben's progress on the car. I happen to like TYCs. Everyone mods their car differently. That doesn't make it useless.

Everyone here gets along pretty well. We all know we come from different backgrounds different tastes and what not but we are here because we love modding our 6th gens.

peace,

Sonnick

Reaction score
JMillerF23A1 said:
I thought we tried to stay away from telling people how to hook up their cars on this site. Thats why this site is so enjoyable to post on and thats why everyone gets along. If everyone hooked up their cars the way one or two people TOLD them to, we would all look a like.

To each his own.
Good call.

xluben

Reaction score
johnnydinh701 said:
dude how are u driving in the snow without chains....
it looks fun drivin without chains...

haha, were do you live that chains are legal :confused: :rofl:

and, yes, my traction was horrible in the snow.

i had to dig myself out of my parking spot twice in one week (took almost an hour each time) :(

but my steelies were nearly bald anyways. hopefully next winter i'll get new tires on them and have better traction.

Back