IMG_8277.jpg

IMG_8280.jpg

IMG_8278.jpg

IMG_8281.jpg

...I'm almost sexually aroused when the hood goes up by itself completely now

drool.bmp

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
oh god, yeah I was soo tired of using the hood prop. I even ripped that out of there if you noticed in the pics :lawl:

some people from out of town have said the same thing about our inspection stickers, but then you realize every single car in the state has them so you just don't notice it next to everyone else on the road :lawl:

but it's serious business to take that off, huge fine..so gotta deal.

Bax

Reaction score
I never realized how convenient having these things are until one of mine went out and the hood slammed on my head one day... :furious:

Looks good. :)

JDM_Rook

Reaction score
Pretty Freakn' Sweet! Is that a universal kit? Vehicle Specific? Pilot holes with sheet metal screws? Self tappers? Your engine bay is clean enough to eat off of.

Last edited:

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
Is that a universal kit? Vehicle Specific? Pilot holes with sheet metal screws? Self tappers? Your engine bay is clean enough to eat of off.

:lawl:

the dampers are oem V6 6GA ones

for the bottoms, I used two 2" L corner braces with self tapping screws with hex heads and the hood mounted ones were two 2" mending plates with those same self tapping screws. The hole meant for the ball socket part of the dampers on the L braces needed to be widened with a drill bit to fit the thread through it, and the same thing with the big hole in the sides of the hood. It needed to be widened quite a bit on both sides to fit an entire nut (M8 x 1.25) through it, but once that's done you just flatten the plate (with a hole drilled through the middle of it) over the bigger hole, drill two little holes for the two self tappers on those, and then screw it all in.

the dampers were just put on using a flat head screwdriver to move the cup shaped part forward to fit the ball socket parts into them when you line them up correctly on both sides of the car.

Back