Trade: your black window trim

brad.kepler

Reaction score
hey its my understanding that some of the DX models have black window trim, i have chrome ... i want black so if u have black and want chrome lets trade ... im willing to pay shipping bolth ways

any takers ?

scrapnav6

Reaction score
4518480-trimbrite-t9005-blackout-tape.jpg

$8.99 no shipping

:bukkake:

brad.kepler

Reaction score
That they are and same for deb paint. I cant find any dx or blue cgs at any junk yards (at least near me) ... and the tape is my back up plan ... but ill give this a few weeks then see

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
good luck trying to remove the trim anyways

its a ***** and would most likely break

AccordFlex

Reaction score
Why not just take some time and do it the right way and paint your chrome molding...Yea it takes a few hours but its worth it.

detach the moldings located along the top and bottom of the door, but leave the quarter panel moldings on because they simply dont detach like the others do.

Next step tape everything off with some nice 3M green masking tape. Wrap the side and top of your car with newspaper to avoid over spray.

Next sand down all of the moldings with around 800 grit and clean off with alcohol to get all debris off.

Next spray all of the moldings down with 3 coats of etching primer. Let each coat dry for around 20 minutes to avoid runs

Next lightly sand down those coats of primer to remove the orange peel from the primer and clean with alcohol.

Next chose a black plastic paint of your choice and spray 3 coats. Satin black is probably your best choice. Allow 20 minutes between coats again.

Last spray over 3 coats of black paint with a matte finish clear coat and apply 2 coats. Let dry for around an hour to harden, preferably in the sun and remove tape carefully.

Boom your done, and you will have a quality molding job instead of tape that will peel and fall off.

Back