RR's '99 coupe EX-L

james'99

Reaction score
Re: RR's 3.2L '99 EX-L Coupe 6MT

So I take it the switches are from an 01-02? That's awesome that its a straight swap! I figured a different harness would be used so it wouldn't be a straight swap!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Yep, straight swap other than having to use the switch assembly from the 98-00 on the 01-02 trim on the passenger side. I didn't have to do that on the driver side which surprised me. Easy though as they mount the same way.

It seems the 01-02 switch assemblies are just stripped versions of the 98-00, All you have to do is remove a piece of black pastic trim from the 98-00 and it's basically identical to the 01-02, which makes the swap easy.

I just have to change out the bulb so the AUTO text isn't puke green. Not sure what color the MIRROR text will be on the PFM switch as it is out of a JDM Civic (EP3 I think).

EDIT: Test fitted some polished door lock knobs yesterday, not sure how I feel about the 'H' emblem.

Don't mind my failing clearcoat. :lawl:

temporary_56.jpg

Last edited:

Mikey

Reaction score

I'll pass on the lock tabs. :lawl:

Pics of the switches at night..?

And it's weird you didn't have to do a lot of modding to the switches. It's been a minute but if I remember correctly, when I switched mine over from the gray to the woodgrain, I had to virtually gut the driver switch and use the 0102 innards with the 98-00 trim piece. I don't remember how hard the passenger side was but I remember the DS being the big PITA. And I lost the lighted function. Didn't see a bulb. If I did, it wasn't one I could "replace". :shrug:

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

^Hmm I had to do that on the passenger side but driver side was plug n play. Anyway here is a photo with AUTO lit up (on the 98-00 switch I think it is just printed), I don't have the PFM switch wired yet.

temporary_59.jpg

I like that polished knobs match the pull handle and the CL window strip, and I think it helps the interior look/feel more upscale personally. But between the 'H' and the trim ring in a square recess, I can't quite say I love it. So I think I am going to keep looking for something else, really what I'd like is a chrome/polished knob similar in size/shape to OEM. But aftermarket companies always have to overdo everything. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Wow, I totally missed the updates. I want that scuff guards so bad!

Your car doesn't seize to stop changing. I was sad, when you said you're pretty much done modding, around the time when you got the Works wheels, but it's so nice to see this car is still progressing.

Couldn't tell, if you didn't mention the clearcoat haha. Since the "security" letters are facing outside, maybe you can turn the H that way as well?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

^Just keep your eyes peeled on Ebay, I just kept trying different search words and ended up finding those. Not sure if it's a JDM thing or not, but they were off a 1997 Accord 2dr. I would have liked some where 'Accord' lights up, but I didn't want to buy expensive plates and cut them up only to find I can't make it work.

Yeeeeeah the plan was to stop modding the Accord, but we are close to finishing off my wife's last student loan and then we want to attack the mortgage. So getting a new car is probably a ways off still, especially since I want something nice. That doesn't keep me from looking though, I have a long list of cars lol. Anyway that kind of led me to "welp may as well keep working on this one", though I still try to keep the mods limited/budgeted. Thanks for the support, Richard. :)

Yeah I actually did turn the 'H' after I took that photo, sharp eye on you as always.

FNCONE

Reaction score

Ryder, any updates on the mirrors ?

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

^Just keep your eyes peeled on Ebay, I just kept trying different search words and ended up finding those. Not sure if it's a JDM thing or not, but they were off a 1997 Accord 2dr. I would have liked some where 'Accord' lights up, but I didn't want to buy expensive plates and cut them up only to find I can't make it work.

Yeeeeeah the plan was to stop modding the Accord, but we are close to finishing off my wife's last student loan and then we want to attack the mortgage. So getting a new car is probably a ways off still, especially since I want something nice. That doesn't keep me from looking though, I have a long list of cars lol. Anyway that kind of led me to "welp may as well keep working on this one", though I still try to keep the mods limited/budgeted. Thanks for the support, Richard. :)

Yeah I actually did turn the 'H' after I took that photo, sharp eye on you as always.
OK. Will look for them when the time comes; Thanks for the info. Oh yeah, the illuminated ones look bad ass, too but I figured they're extra hard to come by, when I see Evan is still struggling to hunt that down for a looong time.

First things first right? I hear ya. I bought my 6GA in '07, but I couldn't afford any major stuff for the car, due to being unstable on my job during the first 2 yrs of having the car. Yea I bet you do have the long list haha. (I personally want you to go w/ the IS-F here, just sayin'.) NP at all, Chris. But I'm the one to thank you for the support. I can't tell you how much your info & the car has helped and influenced me to this day. :)

Alright, there you go ♪ :thumbsup:

Silver99

Reaction score

OK. Will look for them when the time comes; Thanks for the info. Oh yeah, the illuminated ones look bad ass, too but I figured they're extra hard to come by, when I see Evan is still struggling to hunt that down for a looong time.

First things first right? I hear ya. I bought my 6GA in '07, but I couldn't afford any major stuff for the car, due to being unstable on my job during the first 2 yrs of having the car. Yea I bet you do have the long list haha. (I personally want you to go w/ the IS-F here, just sayin'.) NP at all, Chris. But I'm the one to thank you for the support. I can't tell you how much your info & the car has helped and influenced me to this day. :)

Wow I'm surprised you know what the ISF is lol. My dad has one and that is where I learned a lot of my car skills. I love that thing so much. If you can get one of the ~4000 in the us, do so! You won't regret it. I blacked out the ISF, JoeZ exhaust and intake, and Sikky headers. It sounds so good :)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Ryder, any updates on the mirrors ?

Hey long time no talk. ;) I've gotten sidetracked with a couple things, but after today I'm off work for the year (had some vacation days left to burn), so I'll have free time to work on them. So the next step is taking them apart, any pointers or watchouts?

Yeah I never see the illuminated plates for our cars, in fact the only person I think still has them is KnightRider. I bought my car in '07 too!

It always means a lot to hear your car influenced someone else, thanks very much for the kind words. :wub:

Maybe I could be happy with the IS 350 Fsport. But setting my sights on the F, for now anyway haha.

Wow I'm surprised you know what the ISF is lol. My dad has one and that is where I learned a lot of my car skills. I love that thing so much. If you can get one of the ~4000 in the us, do so! You won't regret it. I blacked out the ISF, JoeZ exhaust and intake, and Sikky headers. It sounds so good :)

That's cool your dad let you work on his, I'd be curious to see some pics and hear an exhaust clip.

Back