RR's '99 coupe EX-L

Silver99

Reaction score
Re: RR's 3.2L '99 EX-L Coupe 6MT

That's cool your dad let you work on his, I'd be curious to see some pics and hear an exhaust clip.

Maybe I'll have to make a ride thread for it. He needs to sell it, unfortunately. I love that thing so much and wish he'd pass it down. But he says 525 crank hp is too much for me lol. It is Matador Red Mica. He only has 35k miles on it, which is low for an 08. I'll pm you pics and videos if you want :)

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Yeah I never see the illuminated plates for our cars, in fact the only person I think still has them is KnightRider. I bought my car in '07 too!

It always means a lot to hear your car influenced someone else, thanks very much for the kind words. :wub:

Maybe I could be happy with the IS 350 Fsport. But setting my sights on the F, for now anyway haha.
You got it in '07 ?? Congrats! This year, you beat the 1st owner's length of the ownership. :) (I beat it in '10 hehe. Felt sort of bitter-sweet, if you know what I mean. :eek:)

You're welcome, but pleasure is mine haha. Was just being honest to say. ;)

Yeah, the F would be the way to go for more fun. It might be easier than getting a "mint" 6gen nowadays, so it shouldn't be extremely difficult, I hope.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

You got it in '07 ?? Congrats! This year, you beat the 1st owner's length of the ownership. :) (I beat it in '10 hehe. Felt sort of bitter-sweet, if you know what I mean. :eek:)

Yeah, the F would be the way to go for more fun. It might be easier than getting a "mint" 6gen nowadays, so it shouldn't be extremely difficult, I hope.

Only downside to the IS-F is the 8 speed auto. I know thats where the world is heading, but just not a fan of paddle shifters. I'm pretty sure I'd grow to like it though after owning one. They are gorgeous cars and sound amazing. 2UR's are no joke. Heck, the 2GR's are quick in the Camry's these days.

At Sowo, I took a picture of an F-Sport. Very pretty

Lexus F Sport Full by Evan Aschbacher, on Flickr

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Maybe I'll have to make a ride thread for it. He needs to sell it, unfortunately. I love that thing so much and wish he'd pass it down. But he says 525 crank hp is too much for me lol. It is Matador Red Mica. He only has 35k miles on it, which is low for an 08. I'll pm you pics and videos if you want :)

Yea post it up, I always love seeing/hearing from owners of these cars and learning more. Lol I think your dad is right, and is just trying to protect you. :) That is a lot of power, and is better to work your way up to it. Heck even the stock 416hp or whatever intimidates me a little, plus I need to get the feel for a RWD car.

Yep, January 17th, 2007 iirc. I am the third owner.

I'd like the next car to feel more new, maybe under 40k miles. I guess the good thing about a new (to me) car being a ways off is it gives them more time to come down in price, and more time for me to save. I'd like to have $10-15k to put down as I really don't want to get rid of all our debt (except mortgage obviously) and then go right back into a lot of debt with a big car payment.

Only downside to the IS-F is the 8 speed auto. I know thats where the world is heading, but just not a fan of paddle shifters. I'm pretty sure I'd grow to like it though after owning one. They are gorgeous cars and sound amazing. 2UR's are no joke. Heck, the 2GR's are quick in the Camry's these days.

At Sowo, I took a picture of an F-Sport. Very pretty

Lexus F Sport Full by Evan Aschbacher, on Flickr

I know what you mean, the fact that it's auto keeps me from completely loving it. But as long as the auto is responsive and doesn't lag, I could deal with it I think and grow to love it. And I much prefer paddle shifters to a manumatic gear lever. Plus I plan to keep the Accord, I must have at least one manual car. I f I wasn't keeping the Accord, it would probably be pretty set on a manual. In fact if BMW had made a 4dr e46 M3, that would be the end game as it is my favorite bimmer to date. But sadly it's one of the couple M3's that didn't get a sedan version.

I drove a friend's '08 ISF, I wasn't overly impressed with the auto but apparently you're not supposed to lift off the gas when shifting. I was letting off, shifting, then accelerating again and it didn't feel very instantaneous to me. Then I found out later you are supposed to just keep your foot down while shifting, and the gear changes are instant...so maybe I need to drive it again. Still, that V8 and that sound, and the feel of being pushed rather than pulled, was amazing.

Is that an ES F-sport? I never see those...looks better with that center part paint matched.

This is my friend's ISF. I'd rather have white, or maybe dark gray metallic. Black looks sweet of course, but I don't want to have to worry about keeping it clean constantly. And I'd like the 2011+ refresh, but I can't be too picky haha.

WP_20150523_10_26_48_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

I love the interior on the new 3-Series, though the red accent strip might date the car after a short time. I'd be happy with a 2012+ 330i (rear is only part I don't love), but afraid to own one out of warranty.

F30-BMW-3-Series-interior-1.jpg

Or I could buy a 330i e46 sedan and do the M3 conversion. :lawl:

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

Still doesn't quite look right...

Last edited:

irtiza18

Reaction score

Did you get the black airbag out of a LX model when you put it together with that acura steering wheel? also where did you get the black housing thats behind the wheel?

james'99

Reaction score

I love the interior on the new 3-Series, though the red accent strip might date the car after a short time. I'd be happy with a 2012+ 330i (rear is only part I don't love), but afraid to own one out of warranty.

Unfortunately, I think the items that date these cars the most is the complexity of their electronic entertainment/information systems and how far they are integrated in the car as a whole...

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Yep, January 17th, 2007 iirc. I am the third owner.

I'd like the next car to feel more new, maybe under 40k miles. I guess the good thing about a new (to me) car being a ways off is it gives them more time to come down in price, and more time for me to save. I'd like to have $10-15k to put down as I really don't want to get rid of all our debt (except mortgage obviously) and then go right back into a lot of debt with a big car payment.
Alright, thank you for the record. :)

Not sure whether or not you will keep your next car permanently, like your Accord, but I hear ya. Taking some time to save it up, by focusing (dreaming / drooling lol) on a quality purchase really helps me keep being patient. Yeah it gives me that heavy mentality, or the gravitational pull by those payment(s) haha. For some reasons, I don't feel like really modding the car, when I'm not paying it off. Hell I can, but it feels weird doing that haha.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Did you get the black airbag out of a LX model when you put it together with that acura steering wheel? also where did you get the black housing thats behind the wheel?

Sorry for the late answer, all coupes came with black steering column/wheel I think. So I just reused the stock airbag.

Unfortunately, I think the items that date these cars the most is the complexity of their electronic entertainment/information systems and how far they are integrated in the car as a whole...

Yea true. Not a big factor for me since I'm not much for all this infotainment being put in cars these days. Whatever the next car has in it, I'm sure it will keep me happy for quite a while. Especially since I'm currently satisfied using a car kit tape adapter to play music from my old 20GB ipod photo haha.

Alright, thank you for the record. :)

Not sure whether or not you will keep your next car permanently, like your Accord, but I hear ya. Taking some time to save it up, by focusing (dreaming / drooling lol) on a quality purchase really helps me keep being patient. Yeah it gives me that heavy mentality, or the gravitational pull by those payment(s) haha. For some reasons, I don't feel like really modding the car, when I'm not paying it off. Hell I can, but it feels weird doing that haha.

I know what you mean. The next car may get suspension and wheels, and maybe some other small touches here and there to set it apart...but that's it. But I say that now, who knows lol.

Varnell

Reaction score

I saw you commented on Azine where the guy got the supercharged CLS with CT everything and Rotora brakes. He totaled it within two months of having it. Almost made me tear up.

Back