What did you do today Auto Detailing related?

Brad2274

Reaction score
beautiful work, i think i detailed a silver fsport a while back, quite the paint job they put on those cars. interior is tricky to clean with all the nooks and crannies for dust though.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Damn Lemon, I'm very impressed. You really know what you're doing, and have the equipment for the job. What are paint readings? Does that measure paint depth, or how true the color is or something?

It sounds like you are building a clientele for your business. Very cool man.

The ISF looks hawt! :gride:

whitederic

Reaction score
Washed my baby today and some scratches are getting to me. If you look at my ride thread I don't have any pics on my passenger side......due to ugly scratches and touch up from the previous owner. I've thought about wet sanding it this coming weekend but wanted everyone's input first as to how I should go about doing it.

whitederic

Reaction score
Sorry forgot to add a pic.
f602c014fb4addc241a0f064cf247215.jpg

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
beautiful work, i think i detailed a silver fsport a while back, quite the paint job they put on those cars. interior is tricky to clean with all the nooks and crannies for dust though.

Thanks Brad. Owner did not want the interior done. It was pretty clean to begin with already. These ISF are hot!

Damn Lemon, I'm very impressed. You really know what you're doing, and have the equipment for the job. What are paint readings? Does that measure paint depth, or how true the color is or something?

It sounds like you are building a clientele for your business. Very cool man.

The ISF looks hawt! :gride:

Thanks Chris. Appreciate the acknowledgment. I have come a long way and still learning to this day. Paint readings help map out the whole car. For example, if whole car was ranging from 100-120 and out of nowhere the hood is 200, caution is required before proceeding. It automatically means a repaint was done because a body shop can't control how much primer, base, clear goes on. The paint thickness gauge also offers a couple other technical information to the detailer, but I'll keep it short. I'm targeting/focusing on a specific customer market, and so far positive response.

damn what the hell?
lemmie! good work dude

What!? Thanks J. :thumbsup:

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry forgot to add a pic.
f602c014fb4addc241a0f064cf247215.jpg

A general rule of thumb when diagnosing scratches. If your finger nail can catch it then it's too deep to "fully" correct using sanding, and polishing methods. Although it can be "improved to a certain extent".

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
How to properly clean your tires

These are the 3 methods I use to clean tires before applying dressing.

Method 1: Use an all purpose cleaner.

I have a couple different brands of all purpose cleaner, but one of my favorites is Meguiars all purpose cleaner(D101). I cut it 1:1 when using it on extremely dirty tires that haven't been cleaned in a while. For weekly or bi weekly washes I use it at 3:1.

Method 2: Use a dedicated tire cleaner product

So far my favorite tire cleaner is by Tuf Shine Tire cleaner. A product that's specifically for cleaning tires will contain different key ingredients from all purpose cleaners. In most cases, a dedicated tire cleaner will be able to get the tire cleaner in less attempts.

Method 3: Using a product that's able to clean wheel and tire

This is killing 2 birds with one stone approach. A product I reach for once in a while that can also be bought at a local auto parts store goes by the name Mothers wheel and tire cleaner. This product foams and clings onto the surface longer to let the chemical do the job before agitation. Gets a thumbs up in my book!

If using method 1 or 2, hose off the tire and spray the product onto the tire and scrub it with a tire brush. Rinse and repeat until you don't see any more brown gunk coming off. If using method 3, then hose off the wheel and tire.

Dry off your wheel and tire and apply your tire dressing of choice. I personally prefer only using water based dressing. I dislike oil based and silicone based dressings due to slinging product, and not a natural look to it. Water based dressing will actually nourish the rubber and not rot it.

whitederic

Reaction score
A general rule of thumb when diagnosing scratches. If your finger nail can catch it then it's too deep to "fully" correct using sanding, and polishing methods. Although it can be "improved to a certain extent".
It's more pushed out than pushed in. Kinda like someone did a crappy touch up.

Back