Engine Replacement, ULEV question

studweiser83

Reaction score
Hmmm, let's see. Long story short, my engine block is cracked and I'm buying a new one. The original motor is an F23A4 (ULEV) 4cyl LX with a manual trans. I'm replacing it with an EX motor, F23A1 (Non ULEV) and my question is about the compatibility of the ULEV head with the Non ULEV block. Can I put the original ULEV head on a Non ULEV block? Is it even possible to do this? I'm not 100% on the ULEV system so that's why I ask. Also, can a motor from an automatic go into a manual? Thanks. And no, I'm not going to just buy an H22.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
Hmmm, let's see. Long story short, my engine block is cracked and I'm buying a new one. The original motor is an F23A4 (ULEV) 4cyl LX with a manual trans. I'm replacing it with an EX motor, F23A1 (Non ULEV) and my question is about the compatibility of the ULEV head with the Non ULEV block. Can I put the original ULEV head on a Non ULEV block? Is it even possible to do this? I'm not 100% on the ULEV system so that's why I ask. Also, can a motor from an automatic go into a manual? Thanks. And no, I'm not going to just buy an H22.

Why would you wanna put an a4 head on an a1 block? :eh:

as for the motor from an automatic being able work in a manual car....

impliedfacepalmz.jpg

please search before you ask stupid questions.

AccordFlex

Reaction score
Why would you wanna put an a4 head on an a1 block? :eh:

as for the motor from an automatic being able work in a manual car....

impliedfacepalmz.jpg

please search before you ask stupid questions.

I dont understand why you have to be an *** about it. He asked a pretty technical question compared to most and even if I found search results that discussed this, I would still ask because there is a great margin for error when it comes to his question.

XxESKIMOxX

Reaction score
yeah i tried searching for your topic about the block. i cant find anything and i also agree with accordflex. you dont have to be an ***. i dont know why would you ask him a question when he clearly doesnt know. i dont even know this either.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
I wasn't being an *** I simply just asked why would he want to put his ULEV head on his non ULEV engine. If he's buying a full f23a1 engine why wouldn't he just drop that engine straight in?

As for the question about putting an engine from an auto into his car which is manual there's stuff all over this site about people who have automatic's and converted to 5-speed so obviously the engine's and transmissions are compatible. Which is why I told him to search before he asked questions.

juicebox00

Reaction score
I dont understand why you have to be an *** about it. He asked a pretty technical question compared to most and even if I found search results that discussed this, I would still ask because there is a great margin for error when it comes to his question.

he's just following the influence of the "OG's"

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
it's true when I was new here I asked stupid questions and everyone bashed me and told me to search before I asked.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
Why are you still *****ing at me about this? all I said was that he should have searched about the auto/manual question. I wasn't tryin to be an e-thug so just let it end so this thread can get back on topic.

Back