Engine Replacement, ULEV question

juicebox00

Reaction score
^? i was more talking about the constant flaming of new members. not the specific sentence :eusa_wall:

studweiser83

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the constructive input fella's

And the reason I ask about the compatibility of the heads is because I had a valve job done and a resurfacing of my current head and was curious if I could still use it on a non ULEV block.

And as for x5carl3tMurd3rx, you shouldn't be answering posts that you have no business with, because it sounds like you don't know your asshole from a hole in the ground. Search before you post.:thumbsup:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The motor drops straight in, there is zero difference in the heads, as for why you'd want to bother swapping them, I'm not quite sure you'd just be making more work for yourself.

And honestly, as an "OG" - I would've told you to search too. Pull one motor out, put another in, you're done.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the constructive input fella's

And the reason I ask about the compatibility of the heads is because I had a valve job done and a resurfacing of my current head and was curious if I could still use it on a non ULEV block.

And as for x5carl3tMurd3rx, you shouldn't be answering posts that you have no business with, because it sounds like you don't know your asshole from a hole in the ground. Search before you post.:thumbsup:

ok well see that makes more sense if I had known you had work done to the head I wouldn't have said anything, your first post made it seem like you were trying to find a benefit to putting a stock ulev head on a non ulev block. Which made no sense to me because if you're buying a whole new engine it would make more sense to just leave it the way it is and just drop it in.

How do I have no business answering your post? you asked if you could put an engine from an auto into a manual. IF you had searched before making this thread you would know that the engine has nothing to do with whether the car is auto or manual hence why you can do a 5-speed swap on the auto 4cyl and a 6-speed swap on the V6. It's the tranny that makes your car a manual not the engine..........what are you telling me to search for?

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
when I posted the face palm picture It wasn't meant to be taken as me flaming the guy. I find the de-motivational pictures hilarious, I'm sorry if I hurt his feelings at all as that was not my intention. I was only saying that he should search before posting any questions. besides you all know if I hadn't said it someone else would have. If I had known this was going to turn into an argument about how I'm an *** hole for telling him to search then I wouldn't have said anything.

juicebox00

Reaction score
when I posted the face palm picture It wasn't meant to be taken as me flaming the guy. I find the de-motivational pictures hilarious, I'm sorry if I hurt his feelings at all as that was not my intention. I was only saying that he should search before posting any questions. besides you all know if I hadn't said it someone else would have. If I had known this was going to turn into an argument about how I'm an *** hole for telling him to search then I wouldn't have said anything.

gettin too worked up about it, calm down.

They go hand in hand.

:ugh2:

Back