★ Russianred's Turbo Build Thread! ★ *UPDATED 4/15* ★

ib042129

Reaction score
Re: Russianred's Turbo Build Thread! *UPDATED 5/18/11*

I have had Hawk HP+ pads since I upgraded pads several years ago, and have not done anything else. For sure a night and day difference for the grip those pads have, along with the reduction in brake dust is wonderful.

Really? My Hawk pads are dusty as hell. But they do grip really well.

russiansohcf23

Reaction score

I loved my EBC greenstuff but it only lasted my 15k hard miles lol. It was day and night difference compared to OEM. Im on Wagner Thermo Quiet and they're ok but nothing like Hawk or EBC.

ib042129

Reaction score

I loved my EBC greenstuff but it only lasted my 15k hard miles lol. It was day and night difference compared to OEM. Im on Wagner Thermo Quiet and they're ok but nothing like Hawk or EBC.

Wagner are not performance brakes. But the weird thing is that they claim to have a lifetime warranty. You are supposed to be able to bring your worn out pads to the store, along with a receipt and get new ones for free.

Did anyone ever check that?

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score

ya you can bring them back and have the replaced if you have the receipt. we've done it with my buddy's brake pads twice now. only reason I've got them on my car is cause they're cheap and until I'm ready to upgrade I can keep gettin new ones for free and since I do all the labor on my car personally I don't have to pay anything for new pads and install.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Engine pulled :D

Sorry for the sh*tty cell phone pic, only thing I had with me yesterday!

image.jpg

^Needz a bigger frontmount... ;)

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score

how big is your front mount? unless your shooting for like 400+ you shouldn't need a bigger one. I think mine's rated for 500hp and its only slightly taller then yours if not the same size. now if its the looks of a big FMIC that you want I don't blame you. after seeing the one on my buddy's sr20 s14 it makes mine look alot smaller.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Patrick, the frontmount I have is a DRAG brand, that came with the old-school kits. It's rated to like 350hp or so I think, I'm definitely going to want to get rid of the bottleneck and upgrade to a bigger one as my build is shooting much higher than that rating in the long run. The looks would be a bonus :D.

Back