3.5 swap and AWD conversion information and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurboAV6

Reaction score
This isn't a very good forum for information concerning 3.5 swaps. SInce majority of the people here are 4 bangers, they tend to speak without having any real information and data to back up their claims.

Go to V6p.net for more information

Couple of things first....

3.5 swap in a 6th gen, GREAT idea. I am currently working on my 3.6 w/6spd swap right now. So far, there are 2 successful builds in a 6th gen that I have seen in person. And to my knowledge, there are 8-10 3.5 swaps done for accords that's been built by my mechanic. You can find out this information on V6p.net as well.

Here is the parts list you will essentially need for a 3.6 swap.

J32 w/oddy block or a Honda Oddy 3.5 engine
J37 Crank
J37 Pinston and Rings
Richie's Harness (on V6p)
Odyssey ECU

To date, only 1 person that I am aware of that has been successful been building 3.5/3.6 engines consistently. And that's NVA-AV6 on V6P. So look him up.

As for the AWD system, i'm hunting car-parts.com EVERYDAY trying to find a wrecked 2009 TL for it. If I can find it, then my mechanic has a plan to make it work for a 6th gen.

Interesting stuff man good luck with your build and thanks for the tip. If and when I attempt this build I am going to buy the entire J35A3, since you can get one for a mere $600-$700 online plus shipping. I would then have everything i needed to send parts of to eagle or crower to have internals built, custom ground cams, etc.

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
PM me for a complete parts list, i'll send it to you as soon as V6P is back up. It's my complete list for a J36 build, so far I have 90% of the parts :) I'm expecting 310HP at the wheels, and as soon as the supercharger is done, i'm pushing 400+ :) And yes, that's a low end measurement, and yes, I have PLENTY of data to back up the claims and how the project will be finished.

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
Interesting stuff man good luck with your build and thanks for the tip. If and when I attempt this build I am going to buy the entire J35A3, since you can get one for a mere $600-$700 online plus shipping. I would then have everything i needed to send parts of to eagle or crower to have internals built, custom ground cams, etc.

make sure the engine runs, and make sure that the mounting points are NOT broken. As to find out what kind of accident it had, if it's a side collision... it's iffy....

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
ive seen a couple 05+ RLs within 20g's

that or id get an 03 tl-s for a DD and build the **** out of a 4th gen.

messin around with all this AWD for the first time, ever, is going to put you into an asylum.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
HASport wanted to use an rdx engine...they are always the first out with swap kits. i dont see an AWD RDX-powered civic running around...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back