3.5 swap and AWD conversion information and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
sounds like some good ideas to me...i foresee alot of cutting to fit stuff...and alot of welding to get stuff mounted...but it could definitely be done...

the main question tho...do you have the thousands to do this?

TurboAV6

Reaction score
croscountry:

I appreciate your enthusiam, however, if I wanted to buy a car that already had what I wanted in it I would. But the idea of making this accord into something it wasnt born to be is the whole reason why I am even considering it. This car is not my DD and since i truly love the car I would be a fool not to try and make it the best that it could possibly be. If it take 2 years and 20k that's not the point. The point is to make a one of a kind 6thgen.

Check out my thread to see pictures of my turbo bro. Say what you want about my turbo build but the truth is that it's running and running good, and i eat STI's, EVO's, and Mustangs alive all day. For the price that I put it together I would say that it wasn't that I was being cheap I was being smart. Sorry if you think differently.

TurboAV6

Reaction score
sounds like some good ideas to me...i foresee alot of cutting to fit stuff...and alot of welding to get stuff mounted...but it could definitely be done...

the main question tho...do you have the thousands to do this?

Oh yes an enormous amount of cutting and welding, and as far as the money issue. I have a very good job nothing to do with my life and 7 months untill winter to save for it. So why not?

Dinzdale your advice is always valued man keep it coming.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
croscountry:

I appreciate your enthusiam, however, if I wanted to buy a car that already had what I wanted in it I would. But the idea of making this accord into something it wasnt born to be is the whole reason why I am even considering it. This car is not my DD and since i truly love the car I would be a fool not to try and make it the best that it could possibly be. If it take 2 years and 20k that's not the point. The point is to make a one of a kind 6thgen.

Check out my thread to see pictures of my turbo bro. Say what you want about my turbo build but the truth is that it's running and running good, and i eat STI's, EVO's, and Mustangs alive all day. For the price that I put it together I would say that it wasn't that I was being cheap I was being smart. Sorry if you think differently.

Maybe you should take this up on to v6p after their server isnt down. And I SERIOUSLY doubt you would eat even a stock WRX off the line. That comment is just hilarious. Why dont you just install a j32 and 6 speed from a acura type s. Boost it well and call it a day.

We all have these "dream" builds, I hope you live up to your project. Then I will subscribe to this thread. The reason I'm being a dick is because, I smell a little BS.

Last edited:

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Go for it, all it takes is money, time, and a good or couple good machine/ mechanic shops... sounds like you have money and time. I will be staying tuned for updates. Good luck!

541accord

Reaction score
my step mom has a awd vue, the motor loves to rev, now it all makes sense.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
Maybe you should take this up on to v6p after their server isnt down. And I SERIOUSLY doubt you would eat even a stock WRX off the line. That comment is just hilarious. Why dont you just install a j32 and 6 speed from a acura type s. Boost it well and call it a day.

We all have these "dream" builds, I hope you live up to your project. Then I will subscribe to this thread. The reason I'm being a dick is because, I smell a little BS.

i can buy the beating an awd car from a launch because most people don't know how to launch awd cars properly. if the guy knew how to launch the car from a dig then he's BSing us

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
i can buy the beating an awd car from a launch because most people don't know how to launch awd cars properly. if the guy knew how to launch the car from a dig then he's BSing us

Fa sure. I have driven a wrx plenty of times. It will break ur neck if u launch it halfway decent.

mraw112

Reaction score
First off. do you know how to weld? The first thing i would do before tackling this, is go buy a good MIG welder for like $500. And get practicing. They pay for them selves in the long run. I looked at saturn.com, and the vue has 106.6 in front hub to rear hub distance center to center. that should give you an idea on the drive shaft length. I think it would be a badass project, but I personally think you couldn't pull it off yet. Start learning how to weld now. Also FIY you talk of torque like they are independent of each other. They are not. Torque is FXd or joules, which is energy. Its basically how much energy the engine is making per rotation. Horse power is how much energy is made per second at that rpm. Another way to look at it is that hose power is the integral torque.

Also what did your accord end up making at the dyno?

I think it would be awesome if someone completed this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back