3.5 swap and AWD conversion information and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
if i were to get a dollar everytime tek_rice mentions v6p, i would be a millionaire by now :lawl:

not a big fan of the J-motors, but u seemed to have done ur research ;) props

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
There seem to be a lot of doubters on this forum unfortunately. If Paul (NVA-AV6) is interested in mating a J35 with a TL's AWD system, then I wouldn't doubt he could make it work with great success.

If you have the time & money (especially the latter), then anything's possible. Good luck if you choose to go forth with the project.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
There seem to be a lot of doubters on this forum unfortunately. If Paul (NVA-AV6) is interested in mating a J35 with a TL's AWD system, then I wouldn't doubt he could make it work with great success.

If you have the time & money (especially the latter), then anything's possible. Good luck if you choose to go forth with the project.

We only doubt because we arent the ones being fooled. There have been way too many people that start build threads and never finish, or u never hear from them again. I am not saying this guy isnt capable of doing the build. I am just speaking on behalf of others in here, that it is very unlikely. No one in here can give this guy a straight answer just because its never been done.

I think this thread should be closed anyways, before it gets out of hand. Just for the OP's sake....personally ask someone who has done the build before, that will yield the most useful information.

Last edited:

00accord91

Reaction score
dude if u got time and money, i say go for it. if u pull it off more power to ya, and if u dont well u :fail: lol but u tried

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
If you want to do this and be a test bed for everyone to see if this is a working idea I say go for it and good luck.

I think many of us are wondering what's going through your head though, since you can just blow this enormous amount of money on something you may not even be happy with. I mean, this is a MAD amount of work you're going to need to get done...I just wouldn't have the patience.

Sakuradrops808B

Reaction score
i just did this awd conversion last summer but my rims are stag so i put it back to fwd. Because my plumber said its not too good for my differential...

...but do it bro!

juicebox00

Reaction score
Most of the 4 bangers be hating while the 6's defending.... hmmm. personally if you want to do it go ahead and don't listen to half of the people just giving you **** because they just complain about 98% of the stuff anyways. Honestly it's not to far fetched if you were to get a 09 TL and know a really good welder/ metal worker as well as mechanics. And personally, if a TL crashed in the US and was considered *totaled*, i could probably pick it up for about 4g's w/ a good engine and axle/drive shaft etc(if they were good)... I mean right now i could get a wrecked r34 GT-R for about 5k and have it fixed up like new for about 15k total. You just have to have the right connections to really get something like this done. Personally tho i'm just gunna go with the J36 w/ 6spd build and put a turbo on their(probably cost me 3-4k total at the most). I'll also have my dealers license by the time i can actually do this so i won't have to worry about smog or te po-po's...hehe.

Just decide for yourself if you feel it's worth it to you to commit to something like this. If you don't have good connections and trust worthy hook-ups i personally don't suggest this as a thing for you to be the pioneer of but i'm not stopping you.

SIRSIG

Reaction score
I'm not even sure if J35 is even possible...

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
if i were to get a dollar everytime tek_rice mentions v6p, i would be a millionaire by now :lawl:

not a big fan of the J-motors, but u seemed to have done ur research ;) props

LoL, unfortunately, majority of the people here are 4 bangers. Any questions relating to J series motors, it's hard to get a definitive answer. If you look at some of the first replies, some of the people are you spitting out information that's purely opinion, and not really knowledge.

Vice Versa, V6P has a very small 4 banger crew, and any 4 banger questions is really hard to get a clear and concise answer. So for 6th genners, I usually refer them to this forum for help if they have any huge projects relating to 4bangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back