A good suspension set up w/ wheel set up.

Accord_V6_400m

Reaction score
So, too much balancing can be bad for the car?

Okay, so this is what I really am going towards.

Yellow Konigs w/ Ground Control sleeves. 3-3.5" drop
TL-S Rear Sway bar.
Neuspeed strut bar.
Rolling my fenders
17x7, 17x9. or some 18x8.5 wheels. I'll search up for correct tire sizes when I am determined on the wheels I want to get.
Alignment

That should be a decent suspension set up right?
Then i'll look forward to installing some I/H/E when I have a comfortable DD.

Koni shocks and ground control sleeves are great, just make sure you pick out stiff enough springs to go with those sleeves, like H&R Race springs ask around for spring rates it seems like 8/6 Eibachs might be good enough for you.

Don't forget about getting a front sway bar, I like for the front and rear to be proportionally responsive.

Just get some ~8" wheels 235 tires. You can get 7" wheels to and put a 235 on it but supposedly you get a better contact patch with the same tire on a wider rim (within reason)

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
get 17's and get beefier tires to help prevent the understeer you're going to get with the strut bar.

anytime you add a strut or sway bar you're creating under/oversteer, dependent on which bar it is. because the two towers are now connected the car will tend to push more into corners, as where a thicker rear sway will keep the back end closer to the front wheels lines in the corners because there is less lateral play, aka oversteer.

when it comes to handling though, tires are the single most important component. you can have a great suspension but if your tires are **** you're still gonna be losing traction and working harder to corner

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
I remember a while back on Honda-Tech. Nsxtacy quoted me on the size wheels on some 17x7 wheels. He said that I should run 205/50-17 wheels. But since I am upgrading my front struts and etc. Do you think I should run some beefier tires?

001Stunna

Reaction score
I remember a while back on Honda-Tech. Nsxtacy quoted me on the size wheels on some 17x7 wheels. He said that I should run 205/50-17 wheels. But since I am upgrading my front struts and etc. Do you think I should run some beefier tires?

If 4 cyl, on 17s you should be running 205/50 R17, if v6 i believe its 215/50/17

001Stunna

Reaction score
Okay.

But even with the upgraded struts, should I still be getting alot of under/over steer?

I dont think CrosCntryAccord meant that tires directly define how much under/over steer you get, but simply that a sh1tty tire won't stick to the ground as well as a good tire and hence you'll be correcting lost-traction not under/over steer.

As for the rest i think its been mentioned on this thread already. Our cars come with under-steer from the factory. Why? Cause its easier for the average driver.

By adding bigger Rear Sway Bars we try to normalize the ratio and induce some over-steer.

By adding coilovers, or aftermarket shock/spring combos we try to lower the center of gravity and tighten up the suspension...on top of making the car look prettier by being lower.

By adding front upper strut bars, you are just adding more under-steer and enforcing the linking of the top strut towers.

In addition all the above however greatly reduce body flex when cornering or other maneuvers.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
bad tires can cause poor traction which increases the effects of over/understeer

good tires on the other hand make your car handle much better and make it even harder to notice under/over steer unless you're putting down mad power, which you're not so thats not an issue

but yes, i was more talking about the need for grip in general.... since the one thing that touches the ground on/for purpose are your tires

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
bad tires can cause poor traction which increases the effects of over/understeer

good tires on the other hand make your car handle much better and make it even harder to notice under/over steer unless you're putting down mad power, which you're not so thats not an issue

but yes, i was more talking about the need for grip in general.... since the one thing that touches the ground on/for purpose are your tires

Hah, okay that's good to know.

Stock performance w/ stance is what I am currently looking for now.

My cousin that owns an Autobody shop has some Khumo Ecsta ASX on his S2K. He says they are some great price tires that performs great all season. What are your guys opinions on those tires? Personally I like how their design is and looks like they last for a while also.

Last edited:

001Stunna

Reaction score
For a lowered car id pick a tire that is a bit harder then most. Why? So possibly camber/wear won't cause any effects too soon.
The ASX i beleive has a rating of 420 but ive heard of them having soft flimsy sidewalls, even though their tread pattern is allright and they're not bad for all seasons.

Id say look into...
Ecsta LX Platinum
Altimax HP
Solus KH16
Potenza RE960AS Pole Position
AVID ENVigor (H&V)
Pilot Exalto A/S
...all have a min rating of 400 (Uniform Tire Quality Grade, UTQD)

Last edited:
Back