A good suspension set up w/ wheel set up.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Height of car has nothing to do with what swaybar you choose. It all depends on your driving actually and what you want to get out of it.
Are you going to track the car? If so go with the progress bar.
Are you just doing city street driving, spirited driving and maybe taking it to track once or twice? then just go with the TLS bar.

...in the end the decision is yours, but paying almost $100 more for 4mm isn't really something id do (but thats me) if i wouldn't really use it to its full potential. If you have money growing on trees, then yea go for the most expensive bar you can get your hands on...but if this was the case you wouldnt be driving an accord either.

Hah. True that brother.

You gave me a good decision on which sway bar I really want now.

Since it's my DD, i'll just get the TL-S sway bar. Not too track friendly since here in the central valley we don't have much AutoX or tracks to mess with.

I do plan on tracking it just to see how it would feel (Never did track before).

Thanks for the heads up.

BlackestCoupe

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys.

Yeah, but these 15's 7 spoke rims are crappy as hell. All the clear coat is tearing apart, some curb marks, no bent rims though.

Do you guys thing with 2 12" spearker w/ box, spare tire, and tools will affect my height?

I have had a heavy sub setup in my trunk and removed it while lowered to see if it made a difference. I thought that it wouldve raised the rear up when i took it out. It turned out to make no difference at all. Im sittin on F&F I's btw.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
I have had a heavy sub setup in my trunk and removed it while lowered to see if it made a difference. I thought that it wouldve raised the rear up when i took it out. It turned out to make no difference at all. Im sittin on F&F I's btw.

Thanks forth answer. Made my life less of a hassle hah.

Accord_V6_400m

Reaction score
Have you ever had some TL-S sway bar installed on your 6th gen?

If so, tell me the difference between those and your current set up.

Also, how would you compare the swap bars vs stocks?

The TL-S bar is going to be less effective but still pretty good, I would definitely recomend the front sway bar upgrade makes the front more responsive and unpar with the back, ie the back won't feel too much stiffer then the front giving a diassociative feeling.

Stock is really junk man haha especially the back bar, its puny! I was running no bar in the back for a while since my endlinks were broken and I was paying attention. That gave me a more natural independent wheel movements in the back. You could feel the mechanical grip working more. Although when I got that fixed it felt more hooked and would not have the inside tires lift as much.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
The TL-S bar is going to be less effective but still pretty good, I would definitely recomend the front sway bar upgrade makes the front more responsive and unpar with the back, ie the back won't feel too much stiffer then the front giving a diassociative feeling.

Stock is really junk man haha especially the back bar, its puny! I was running no bar in the back for a while since my endlinks were broken and I was paying attention. That gave me a more natural independent wheel movements in the back. You could feel the mechanical grip working more. Although when I got that fixed it felt more hooked and would not have the inside tires lift as much.

Alright thanks.

I guess upgrading my stock rear sway bar is gonna be a must then.

Accordman722

Reaction score
The ksports are great for the money,my buddy has them and loves them,that's what I'm gettin for mine .

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
if you're gonna buy a front strut bar get a neuspeed or don't bother, one piece design > *

but if you get a front strut bar get the progress rear, you're going to need that extra 4mm to offset the understeer you're gonna get from the strut bar

Accord_V6_400m

Reaction score
if you're gonna buy a front strut bar get a neuspeed or don't bother, one piece design > *

but if you get a front strut bar get the progress rear, you're going to need that extra 4mm to offset the understeer you're gonna get from the strut bar

One piece design for the win! And thats why I wear one too.. hah I got a nuespeed bar, way better then the stock CLS bar

I have to disagree though on the sway bar reasoning, he won't experience more understeer. He will be stiffening up the front tower braces which will give him a slightly heavier yet more responsive steering feel which might come off to some as understeering but its not. It probably feels that way because it kicks in sooner when the car is more taught and connected.

Doesn't mean he shouldn't go for a thick rear sway bar, to OP be careful to balance the car too much of a good thing can be bad.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
One piece design for the win! And thats why I wear one too.. hah I got a nuespeed bar, way better then the stock CLS bar

I have to disagree though on the sway bar reasoning, he won't experience more understeer. He will be stiffening up the front tower braces which will give him a slightly heavier yet more responsive steering feel which might come off to some as understeering but its not. It probably feels that way because it kicks in sooner when the car is more taught and connected.

Doesn't mean he shouldn't go for a thick rear sway bar, to OP be careful to balance the car too much of a good thing can be bad.

So, too much balancing can be bad for the car?

Okay, so this is what I really am going towards.

Yellow Konigs w/ Ground Control sleeves. 3-3.5" drop
TL-S Rear Sway bar.
Neuspeed strut bar.
Rolling my fenders
17x7, 17x9. or some 18x8.5 wheels. I'll search up for correct tire sizes when I am determined on the wheels I want to get.
Alignment

That should be a decent suspension set up right?
Then i'll look forward to installing some I/H/E when I have a comfortable DD.

Last edited:

truWarier02

Reaction score
Yellow Koni w/ Ground Control sleeves. 3-3.5" drop
TL-S Rear Sway bar.
Neuspeed strut bar.
Rolling my fenders
17x7, 17x9. or some 18x8.5 wheels. I'll search up for correct tire sizes when I am determined on the wheels I want to get.

That sounds like a really good plan.

Back