ABS to Non-ABS anyone attempted this???

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
Well guys, recently my brake lines exploded on me a few days ago.....FML:wtf1:.....lucky me the issue happened in my garage. But before I had the issue with my brake lines, I notice that I would have air come out (not sure where) and my idle would act a little strange (fluctuate 750- 1000 rpm when pressing throttle then return to normal idle after applying the brake). Researching here on 6GA, its possible that I might have a faulty abs module which could have cause the leak. I so naturally I thought, 'change the line, replace the module, and check for any potential vacuum leaks.'

Then this question crossed my mind, 'is it possible to delete my abs module?' I know the whole point of abs is to assist in braking in dangerous conditions. For instance, in wet weather condition it prevent the wheels from locking up. But I'm not too concern with that, I've driven vehicles without abs in wet/snow or dry weather conditions and was able to drive it as a normal vehicle, even at times it required me to slam on the brakes.

To get to my point, I was curious has anyone attempted this idea or thought of it as well, if so what are your pro and con about this change in the 6GA. From what I gathered so far the only trims that came Non-ABS were the manual LX and DX trims for the Accord. So for the manual LX and DX drivers I definitely would like to know your opinion as well behind the wheel of the Accord with ABS.:thumbsup:

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
My car doesn't have ABS. It really isn't too much of a problem. Just be aware of it. I've had to lock up a couple of times, all in the rain, and it stopped pretty quickly. Especially since it was in a straight line. If you don't follow really close and never have to abruptly stop because you're entering a turn faster than it can handle, where it would lock up quick and you would only be able to slide, then you'll be fine. Just pray deer don't play frogger with the road :thumbup:

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
Lol fortunate for me the Deers are nowhere to be found and I'm not one to follow or tail another driver I tend to keep my distance I like my space lol

jdmcg3

Reaction score
i turned my abs off by unplugging the module after upgrading brakes. if you have all 4 disc brakes you should be fine. ive only had one time where my wheels locked up.. i was going down a steeeep hill while it was wet. just gotta remember to pump the brakes once they lock up.

JetLife

Reaction score
sounds pretty stupid IMO. Theres a reason why all new cars have it lol

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
Driving without ABS is more fun
True Story in my experiences i.e. teh Corolla sedan no abs fun car too bad it was t-bone wanted to swap in a 4A-GE

i turned my abs off by unplugging the module after upgrading brakes. if you have all 4 disc brakes you should be fine. ive only had one time where my wheels locked up.. i was going down a steeeep hill while it was wet. just gotta remember to pump the brakes once they lock up.
Never thought of that might consider doing that for awhile and see how it feels behind the wheel

sounds pretty stupid IMO. Theres a reason why all new cars have it lol
Meh.....to you maybe but of course the manufacture add it for a reason which I stated in a earlier post

AT 98 LX didn't have ABS
Cleansleeper also is LX auto doesn't have abs.....I thought it was only for the LX and DX trim that had manual tranny

Back