ABS to Non-ABS anyone attempted this???

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
I have a question on this ... My ABS hasn't been working since I got the car. Lately I've been thinking of just taking it out since I'm doing a wire tuck anyway. I haven't used it so I'm not going to feel the difference anyway. Also plan on upgrading the brake system. Is there a DIY on how to delete the ABS? I was told by someone I might have to replace the brake lines and some other stuff with one of a car that didn't come with ABS. Not sure how true that is though because if it hasn't been working why do I need to do all that extra work? Haven't started researching it.

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
I did but a mechanic told me if i take the module out then its not going to run correctly ... not sure why (should have asked him) ... He said if I want to take that module out then I'd have to get brake lines from a non abs car

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
From what I compare between the EX trim and LX trim you'd have to change the front lines.....but im not to positive it been awhile......on that you should take a look for yourself n hondaautomotiveparts

SKUNKWRKZ

Reaction score
i turned my abs off by unplugging the module after upgrading brakes. if you have all 4 disc brakes you should be fine. ive only had one time where my wheels locked up.. i was going down a steeeep hill while it was wet. just gotta remember to pump the brakes once they lock up.

I did the same thing when I lost a sensor and have never looked back as I consider ABS in MOST cars and especially Honda's to be extremely intrusive during any inclimate weather (take your pick of snow or rain)

Jordan_H

Reaction score
I'm also doing a wire tuck and don't care to have abs. Anyone want to shed some light on removing it? Do you have to change lines or not?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Well, unplug to stop, new lines to hide. I want to go front/rear split (instead of diagonal) to run variable split, just keep abs. Auto-x, dunno.

Back