AEM EMS J35/6 Speed on the Dyno

Status
Not open for further replies.

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
really James, I gotta applaud you on your butthurtness. You actually took that one statement, threw it on facebook of all places, completely out of context from the massive pm you got it from, then proceed to do what....look for pity?

you're like a chick who needs her thousands of girl friends to help her cope with a breakup on facebook.

"Don't worry, you'll get through this!"

"You're better than him!"

"HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S MISSING, BECAUSE YOU'RE AMAZING"

perhaps if one or two of those morons took the time to hop over on the sanity express and take a ride down to the pm's you guys exchanged, they'd actually witness to their amazement that Jake couldn't be any more in the right in his statements. It sure sounds dramatic saying that someone is going to get lit up when you post it without any backstory on a networking site, but I have no doubt in my mind that he would sock you one if you started going full retard around him.

so, you can man up and accept that someone has a fist ready for you due to your inability to use rational thought and get over it, or you can cry about it. You seem to have chosen crying.

The person that made that comment was being a clown you guys are taking it as if he was being serious.

yet you're totally in that going "oo ooo look at what I posted in your thread" (because he wouldn't notice?) and then posting the actual thread link, as if to ignite a riot. Maturity, how does that work? :lawl:

Last edited:

akoutmos

Reaction score
This is pretty messy. I'm just gonna leave my 2 cents and hopefully nothing more.

First off, I would have to agree with MoneyPit, close to 300 whp/wtq seems fairly high for just bolt ons. Honestly, even if you do provide a dyno plot it doesn't mean much to me.

A dyno is a tool. Not a unit of measurement. With so many dynomometers out there on the market, you could be looking at a 20-40 hp/tq discrepancy given all other parameters were constant (RPM measurement, gear ratio parameters, tire size etc.). I've seen shops fudge parameters and dyno corrections in an attempt to purposefully read someone's car high. What is the motivation you might wonder? Easy. By pretending you did something to someone's car and magically "gaining" an extra 10-20hp, you have secured that person as a customer. The customer is none the wiser, and the placebo effect takes full swing.

The most important benchmark when looking at a car are the numbers it is putting down at the track (not the street). Whether it is time attack, autocross, 1/4 mile. Racing someone from a roll and bragging about it is not what serious car enthusiasts do.

Either way, MoneyPit is an important asset to the 6th gen community and discrediting him as you did is not a respectable act. This is why i kept out of your AEM tuning thread, because when I was providing correct information, people were flaming me and telling me how ECUs work lol. When in fact they could not be further from the truth.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I don't think there is enough popcorn in the world to outlast this thread, and I just ran out. Congrats on getting it done, and damn, this is entertaining. I'll sit back with a beer and pretzels. :beer:

Ah, e-thug interwebz argumentz alwayz rulez hahaha :ugh:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back