Aem ems

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
Ok so I'm picking up ems right after finals week, $1050 nib, and I'm wondering if It's just plug and play as in I can plug it in Nd drive it without a tune until I get the money for a tune or does it require a tune as soon as I plug it in because the car won't run. I'm new to this tuning stuff so give me a break.

Also if one of you guys is selling one pm me and I'm sure we can work out a deal.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Well with your car and your modifications you should just be able to use the base map to get the car going and running at a normal status. You may have to adjust some things such as:
-idle
-warm up
-throttle position
-make sure all the correct definable things are set (fuel pump, and any other sensors/mechanical/electrical items that are non OEM are selected in the different fields), -I cant remember if you have to sync the timing with the AEM or not. I believe you should be good but maybe double check?
-May need to adjust a/c compensation
-Adjust anything that doesn't seem right or runs a little off.

First off I would connect your AEM and upload the base map to get it started. Let it warm up and try turning on the a/c, and reving it slightly, just to make sure everything is normal. If not adjust as necessary. I can always help if needed at areas that don't seem to run right. Do this first before running it on the street.

-That's my $.02

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Good price on that EMS, James.

Where did you end up getting it from?

Keep us posted on how things work out with the tune.

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
Good price on that EMS, James.

Where did you end up getting it from?

Keep us posted on how things work out with the tune.

If you want to get ems I'm sure if we both buy it together we can get an even lower price. AEM states that you can't run it with an auto transmission but people are running it with auto Trannys in our cars just fine with tuning so Idk Whats up with that. I get parts for cost so if you want in just pm me and we can both get an under $1000 price tag on a bnib ems from aem. :thumbsup:

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
Your going to lose ALL gauge cluster functions. Get some external gauges if you don't have them already.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Well doesn't that suck.

I was saying to James, Michael, that it doesn't make sense for me to get the MES, when I would have to get a different one for when I decide to do the 6spd swap.

Think I will just stick with the FIC.

No loss of gauge functions with that, IIRC, right?

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Yeah, didn't know you were an auto so it won't be worth it until you do the 6spd swap....

No loss of gauges with a manual, however I don't know how that would work with the 6spd swap. I would imagine it would just be some special wiring work to make the 6spd swap work with the AEM EMS.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Yeah, didn't know you were an auto so it won't be worth it until you do the 6spd swap....

No loss of gauges with a manual, however I don't know how that would work with the 6spd swap. I would imagine it would just be some special wiring work to make the 6spd swap work with the AEM EMS.

Did you mean, auto?

I wouldn't use the FIC for a 6spd swap, just for the auto.

MoneyPit

Reaction score
If you want to get ems I'm sure if we both buy it together we can get an even lower price. AEM states that you can't run it with an auto transmission but people are running it with auto Trannys in our cars just fine with tuning so Idk Whats up with that. I get parts for cost so if you want in just pm me and we can both get an under $1000 price tag on a bnib ems from aem. :thumbsup:

No

Nobody is running it with an AT, it is only compatible with AUTO motors that are running a 6mt.
You're going to lose ALL gauge cluster functions. Get some external gauges if you don't have them already.
RPM's are scaled in the box, and they work fine, fuel level works fine, all lights work fine. You only lose the speedo function, and, depending on whether you are 98-99 or 00-02, the temp gauge function.
Everything is different with the V6. The box is designed to run 4cyl pulses to the tach, so you have to re-scale the RPM output to get it to read correctly. You 100% lose speedo, no matter what you do. I have yet to hear of one person who has gotten the stock speedo to work, whether it was a V6 swap into a Civic or an Accord. AEM can't seem to provide a solution.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
so using the EMS on a 99 4cyl my speedometer wont work? what kind of crap is that for the price tag of the EMS..:confused:

Back