Aem ems

MoneyPit

Reaction score
Nikita, the comments in the thread are in regards to the unit built specifically for the j-series (10-6051). I'm not sure what, if any, issues the the boxes built for the 4cyls have.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Oh ok, just decided to follow a proposed avenue of question, as Monty is a 4cyl and he mentioned about having speedo problems and I am having those problem as well and I am also 4cyl. Was trying to find a pattern. I know the heart of this thread is regarding the J-series ;).

hotaccord243

Reaction score
As far as the boxes built for the 4cyl, there really arent any issues and it should be all plug and play with all functions of the car working as far as I can tell (on my application everything works on a 4cyl manual transmission).

Can't really speak for the J-series on this one....

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
Moneypit, does it have a tune on it or does it just have the Oem specs on the ecu rn? Because I'm unplugging richies harness and my Tl s ecu and throwing this in. It'll run np, just the speedo issue, until I get it dyno tuned right? Also what wiring will i need to do to get the speedo working like yours?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

MoneyPit

Reaction score
You can run it on the base calibration, but it is in your best interests to avoid putting your foot in it (i.e. stay under 3k) until you have a tune.

But yes, as long as your current harness isn't raped from Richie's harness, you should be able to plug this unit into your car and drive away.

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
Ok and yea my harness has been touched in parts I can only show you on a doll by richies harness. I'm gona repair it and then wire up ems. Do you have a diagram on which connectors I'll need to wire up for the speedo?

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

MoneyPit

Reaction score
I'll send the stock diagrams, but like I said, I haven't seen anybody get the speedo to work on their stock cluster yet.

MoneyPit

Reaction score
No

RPM's are scaled in the box, and they work fine, fuel level works fine, all lights work fine. You only lose the speedo function, and, depending on whether you are 98-99 or 00-02, the temp gauge function.

Everything is different with the V6. The box is designed to run 4cyl pulses to the tach, so you have to re-scale the RPM output to get it to read correctly. You 100% lose speedo, no matter what you do. I have yet to hear of one person who has gotten the stock speedo to work, whether it was a V6 swap into a Civic or an Accord. AEM can't seem to provide a solution.

Show me where you read that my speedo worked? Lmao!

:thinking:

Back