Axles

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys, going to go with OEM Acura though I think. But still a little confused on the diagram and list I posted above if anyone can offer insight.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I called a few dealerships and each person I talked to in parts had no idea why Acura would charge more for part of an assembly rather than the whole thing. Funny, but also sad.

Anyway I found the axles at Bernardi for $150 each, going to order them, buy a 36mm socket, and hope things go smoothly.

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
I called a few dealerships and each person I talked to in parts had no idea why Acura would charge more for part of an assembly rather than the whole thing. Funny, but also sad.

Anyway I found the axles at Bernardi for $150 each, going to order them, buy a 36mm socket, and hope things go smoothly.

I made the mistake of not using the oem seals. USE THE OEM SEALS. Besides that its a piece of cake just put tranny fluid on the end going into the tranny before you slide it in, try not to hit it on anything because you might damage it causing the fluid to leak. :thumbup:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Thanks. So do seals not come as part of the axle assembly? I don't see them in the list I posted, unless they have another name.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Is that something you typically replace when replacing axles? I'm not messing with the half shaft.

I'm looking for them but not sure which parts grouping they're in.

Last edited:

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
Is that something you typically replace when replacing axles? I'm not messing with the half shaft.

I'm looking for them but not sure which parts grouping they're in.

I've been told it's a very good time to replace them. So yes I would but that's up to you.

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
Do you know which parts grouping that's in?

Not sure and I'm playing GTA 5 ATM but I can look it up for you later if you want. I think they are just called drivers/passenger side axel seals. The oem ones will have a blue goo on the inside f the seal.

Back