Bad Axle?

kn0x47

Reaction score
i just bought the seal at honda so that would really suck. I thought it could be the axle too cause that axle(passenger side) was real easy to put in but the half shaft and driver's side were a lot more work. it makes me wonder if the passenger's side axle might have been machined a tad too small. Unfortunately I already threw away the old seal so its gone

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Did you already trade in the cores and where did you buy the axles? That sucks that you had to replace the seal. When I did mine I didn't have to so I am trying to go off what I did when I replaced them. This was last year.

kn0x47

Reaction score
I bought duralast gold. They're brand new so I still have my old ones. there was no way i was going to trade japanese made for chinese made axles haha. well i didnt have to replace the seals i just thought itd be a good idea to go ahead and do it too...guess not

kn0x47

Reaction score
nope it never leaked before. it was only after i changed the axle and seal that it started leaking

kn0x47

Reaction score
well i found the old seal in the trash. i'm gonna clean it up and try it tomorrow. if the new seal is bad i hope honda will give me my money back

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Yea, see them side by side in comparison and since you still have the old axles compare them side by side as well and/or measure them. This is dumb but can easily be over looked but make sure you snap that ring on the axle into the transmission securely. I am sure you got all that handled though. :) Post back once you get some answers. Replacing my axles (both at once), took me seven hours because I had never done it before so I am interested to see how it turns out.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
You always want to replace axle/tranny seals when replacing axles. My buddy ended up locking his tranny up and ripping it to shreds, gears got welded together it was a nightmare. Oh yea his motor ended up blowing up too for being a cheap ***. Just sayin' though lol.

kn0x47

Reaction score
So.... I'm getting a leak cause i didn't have the axle all the way in haha. But i still can't get it to go all the way in

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
It's hard to shove it in :lawl: with the moveable joint. It doesnt give you a straight shot. You really have to force it in. Tap it with a hammer.

Last edited:
Back