best bang for your buck: coilovers vs Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

9450erick

Reaction score
i have finally gathered enough money to get myself a decent pair of springs or coilover. i like the coilovers because the are adjustable but they seem a little weak compared to the springs. i was also thinking of buying springs but the springs do give you that boat look that i hate.
i was looking at some coilovers and which brand would be good but not to expensive. more bang for my buck
looking @ Tein ss coilovers 1,400
Megan racing street coilovers:$900
tein basic coilovers:$860
k sport pro $890
leaning toward coilovers. which would somee of you prefer
my budget about 1000 should i wait i go top notch with Tein ss coilover

Last edited:

turbocayenne

Reaction score
i don't know what kind of weakness are u talking about for the coilover???? Don't go with tein SS cuz it's not gonna lower you enough, and u jut buy it for the name.
Yes, go to the groupbuy forum and start putting your order for AMR's coilover. Call that guy because you can get custom spring rates.

Here's the link:
CLICK HERE

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
I have a group buy for AMR coilovers right now and they're probably the best coilovers you'll buy for your car. They have a lifetime warranty and Andy (the owner of AMR) custom tailors them to your needs. They're right in your price range too, both adjustable and non-adjustable. More information is in my thread.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
i don't know what kind of weakness are u talking about for the coilover???? Don't go with tein ss cuz it's not gonna lower you enough, and u jut buy it for the name.
Yes, go to the groupbuy forum and start putting your order for amr's coilover. Call that guy because you can get custom spring rates.

Here's the link:
click here

x2

Accord281

Reaction score
If the AMR thing doesn't work out I would go with Function & Form Type II's. 36 way adjustability plus they go freakin low. I have them and I couldn't be happier with them. Weaksauce has the best price I've found plus free shipping. Picked mine up at $900 but I think they are closer to $950 now.

Edit: Actually they are still $899 with free shipping!

Link

(scroll down to 98-02)

Last edited:

eggs

Reaction score
If the AMR thing doesn't work out I would go with Function & Form Type II's. 36 way adjustability plus they go freakin low. I have them and I couldn't be happier with them. Weaksauce has the best price I've found plus free shipping. Picked mine up at $900 but I think they are closer to $950 now.

i have tien basics they ride great but dont go low enough i would either go with the ksports or Function and form type II's

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
F2 Autolife's coilovers are a joke. They're cheaply made and underdampened. I'm going to go against the grain and say do not buy them if you care about the build quality and R&D behind the brand. I had a set, thought they were complete crap, and sold them.

Also I don't know why for the last three years Function Form has felt the need to change their setups if they felt they had a good product. They've pretty much been through three manufacturers now? Yeah... Real nice F2.

Ksports are prone to blow, and D2s are made in the same factory as Ksport. I've had my Teins for six years now and they still work well. I love that they're made of steel... Nice and tough.

Last edited:

kn0x47

Reaction score
considering the price andy is letting his AMR's go for right now, I don't see a reason to buy any other coilover. I'd have a set if I had the money

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
i don't know what kind of weakness are u talking about for the coilover???? Don't go with tein SS cuz it's not gonna lower you enough, and u jut buy it for the name.
Yes, go to the groupbuy forum and start putting your order for AMR's coilover. Call that guy because you can get custom spring rates.

Here's the link:
CLICK HERE

Whats wrong with Tein? They are constructed very well, they are gas filled. They give nice performance and a nice comfortable ride. They dont necessarily go super low, but its enough for me. If I was building a track car, I wouldnt use teins, otherwise they are great for the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back