best bang for your buck: coilovers vs Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

9450erick

Reaction score
A lot of people on this thread really like the AMRs. Even the ones that bashed on Tein( which i was going to buy just for thier name) im probably goin to buy the AMRs for sure. i didnt even know about AMRs until this. But you guys are the experts and i trust your decision.
since ima noob i still dont know wats the group buy things you guys were telling me about and to buy from andy but ima check the link you guys posted. thanx for the help.

truWarier02

Reaction score
I bought my Tein SS used almost a year and a half ago and they perform and feel the same way since I've put them on. I've logged in about 25k+ miles on them already and I'm pretty sure the previous owner logged in about 50k before me. So I'm happy with my Teins.. the only gripe I have is that the front needs to be designed to go about another 1/4-1/2" lower and it would be superrrrrb. I love the mix of comfort and performance with the SS.

9450erick

Reaction score
just read the andy thread and i now know wats a groupbuy(definition in the word dumbass) lol
looks really good and the customer service seems great. i love how you can personlize them to fits ur needs. Definately investing in these
sorry Tein:sleeping:

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
i bought my tein ss brand new and i enjoyed them. im 1 finer gap with 16's and this might be a nice enough ride height for some, but not for me haha. if i was gonna buy a coilover set up again with 1g, it would be amr. :aznrun:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
People have different needs and different tastes, lets just base the product on the needs of the customer. Tein is by no means OEM feel, it is a lot stiffer than stock. I know what stiff suspension is, but this is for the everyday driver who wants more performance out of their car without sacrificing reliability and comfort.

Teins are a great product and have never let me down, they are worth the money for someone who is just trying to lower their car a few inches and have an entry level performance suspension system.

Combine these with a rear sway and a front strut and you have a very decent suspension set up.

I don't think its right to say they are too much money or this and that. They are a quality suspension upgrade from stock and they are an even better construction than our OEM shocks. If you want to be super stiff, bounce around the road and around corners, then yeah, Teins are pretty much a waste of money. It just depends on what you like.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Whoops haha. Typed it on my phone and didn't catch that. Mah bad. Usually my English is pretty good I promise.

:lawl:

its all good. you should see how much my phone ****s up my typing lol. i usually read over everything twice haha.

gorilla thumbs + touchscreen = no good

haha.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
the op has made up his mind, i don't see a reason this thread should still be taking everyone's opinions, especially since most are just restating what they've already said

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
hahaha I know exactly what you mean andy my dare has the full touch screen keypad when you turn it sideways and my thumbs are so ****ing fat that I can't even use it.

as for the coils I think you should go with amr, they're in your price range and you can't beat the fact that they've never had a damper blow and no one can seem to find any type of customer service complaint about AMR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back