best engine swap for 99 accord?

theaccordian

Reaction score
BadgerType said:
dont listen on theaccordian, he forgot to take his meds tonite

damn it I need free meds damn it, im moving to canada, whos with me, ehhhh !!??!

in all seriousnness though, you should do some research before starting a new thread. it doesent hurt to lurk around, read up, SEARCH, therefore you dont have to waste time and bandwith on topics that haven been beaten to death, revived and killed again, we got a lot of useful info archived here, use it.

like "whats better short ram or cold air" threads, theyre like zombies, they just wont die

Last edited:

vtec_accord99

Reaction score
tru but ive been on this site all day reading up on everything and i love it but i seew what u mean wit da CAI and SRI threads...

my plans im not sure yet....what should i do for boost? f23..is what i heard is best so far...read the h22 dont have good enough compression...but if i stay n/a...then ill prolly get a stroker kit for what ever motor....but i love TURBOS!!!!!!

theaccordian

Reaction score
Ok we got off on the wrong foot, first, we need to know do you have a v6 or 4 banger?

Jeffro

Reaction score
I'm assuming 4-banger since he mentioned doing a v6 conversion/swap. I don't think he'd talk H22 if he had a v6...

Also, to vtec_accord99, you have to be careful boosting the stock too far. 6th gens didn't get cast-iron sleeves...

talontsiawd

Reaction score
theaccordian said:
Ok we got off on the wrong foot, first, we need to know do you have a v6 or 4 banger?
Yup, that is the first thing. But it's still all going to depend on the final purpose of the motor. Say you want boost, and you got a 4 banger. It might be more worth your while to build the bottom end of your f23 first, boost it. Then maybe an h23 head swap later. Or if n/a go h22. Or if you have a v6, that a whole different deal, do a cl/tl s swap with a 6 speed. There are many ways to go with this.

Jeffro

Reaction score
Why does everyone always explain things so much more elegantly than I do? lol... :rolleyes:

Hush

Reaction score
no one throwing a K20 or K24 or a K20/24 motor into the mix? haha i know its alot of money to get a motor but damn look at the crazy civics and integras doing the swap. killing hella cars out there stock. and yes it can be done with little mods cuz Hasport has done it.

theaccordian

Reaction score
first hasport has to come out with a kit for our cars, they havent even come out for the 5th gen yet.

Also it comes down to their bottom line. ARe they gonna get return on their investment. Dont get me wrong there are alot of accord tuners, but we cant hold a candle to civics and integs. People wanna swap into lighter cars not heavier cars.

As of now k swaps for teh 6th gen accord is a pipe dream.

Last edited:

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
A good shop can custom fab engine mounts for the swap but it will not be cheap, a K swap will cost you about 8grand to do roughly if not a bit more depends on which motor. I still think if you don't want to Turbo the F23 the 2 best motors to swap in are a H22A4/H22A or a F20B people have done these swaps but you don't seem them left and right. You can always find parts for these motors and the aftermarket field has so much to over you if you want to go NA/ or Turbo.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
honestly IMO, if u want to get power now. get some nos and have fun

Back