best engine swap for 99 accord?

Jeffro

Reaction score
dreman said:
A good shop can custom fab engine mounts for the swap but it will not be cheap, a K swap will cost you about 8grand to do roughly if not a bit more depends on which motor. I still think if you don't want to Turbo the F23 the 2 best motors to swap in are a H22A4/H22A or a F20B people have done these swaps but you don't seem them left and right. You can always find parts for these motors and the aftermarket field has so much to over you if you want to go NA/ or Turbo.

;) Says it all

Rep +1

vtec_accord99

Reaction score
ya i got a 4 banger....acura cl-s? will dat swap in easily how much would dat run...what motor is that?....but over the night since i have been thinkin i might just stick wit da f23 and build da bottom end like jeffro said forged piston and cast iron sleeves...any DIY or threads on that????

Jeffro

Reaction score
I don't know of a DIY off hand, but let me remind you to take your time and do a lot of research... It will pay off. You don't want to get halfway through a build and decide its not for you or you'd like to try something else. Not that you would, it's just a little friendly advice :)

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
IF u build the bottom end up, i HIGHLY suggest a pro do it. when dealing with 3k worth of parts, u wanna make sure its done right.

VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION

how much do you want to invest in this car. Honestly?

vtec_accord99

Reaction score
how much is not the question if i want it i will work hard to achieve it.....thats what i was think jefrro i dont wanna **** nuffin up...what i might do is just buy another f23 jus da engine for like 750 and send it to the shop and tell them to give me the works...pistons and all that...i wanna keep my vtec tho so i doubt i will put a h23 head but..how much would all that engine work run.....? whats the most hp i can pull out a f23..?

i kno its 150 stock
then turbo at like 8psi boost u to like 210
i doubt i will get nos...and 210 hp is like uhhhhhh womp womp...if i cant get more than 250 out dis motor then i will prolly swap

Jeffro

Reaction score
Technically, you should be able to get a stock F23 for a lot less than $750... I've never done it, but I would think under $500 would be much more reasonable. If it's just going to be a sort of "Throw away" block, where you might have to do a lot of reworking on it, I've read somewhere and seen a chart of running close to 15 p.s.i. stock and getting 287 whp... IMO that is pushing the reasonable limits though. If you're willing to invest the money, anything can be achieved...

vtec_accord99

Reaction score
yea thats tru....i might just chill at 10psi or somethin whenever turbo time comes...but home much does all the engine work cost...wit sleeving and forged pistons? thats all i need so my turbo wont blow my engine right

Jeffro

Reaction score
vtec_accord99 said:
yea thats tru....i might just chill at 10psi or somethin whenever turbo time comes...but home much does all the engine work cost...wit sleeving and forged pistons? thats all i need so my turbo wont blow my engine right

More money than I have, that's all I know.

theaccordian

Reaction score
whatver you decide to do its gonna take time and money, expect to be without your car for long periods of time.

Any option you go IMO will cost no less than $5,000.

it always costs more than you plan.

So ask yourself if $5,000 or more, months of down time, for a 200 whp mid high 14 second car is worth it, go ahead.

dont believe me

check out these threads:

F23 Turbo Build

H22 Swap

Back