best engine swap for 99 accord?

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Honestly, if you want to turbo a car and don't know what it needs, you need to get down to some research. Even if you have a shop do everything, you want to know exactly what everything being done is, and especially why. Otherwise you will always have to take your car to the same shop cause nobody else will want to touch it.

For me, if i turboed my accord, i'd use an f23 because it would get me far enough for me. But i'd build my own motor for sure. Well, i might have someone build the short block but honestly, i wouldn't want some random shop doing it. Outside the cost issue, i trust myself more than every shop i've been to except for maybe 2.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
money is a huge factor.

my car now: auto f23 w/ few bolt ons

project: turbo g23 manual

length of time: 3 yrs

estimated cost: 13,000. not including head or block.

you could do a turbo for 3-4k. but there is so much working against ya.
1. auto are notoriously weak trannies
2. used turbo parts are never reliable
3. cant go past 8 psi safely on stock internals
4. tuning
5. 220 hp tops i see in this project

now, what i meant by nos is that its cheaper alternative. if u spent 4k on a wet nos kit w/ forged internals, u can get 200 hp easily. just incorporate nos refill into your monthly budget and your good.

Its your car, im just tryin to help ya out man

Jeffro

Reaction score
Anyone ever do a G23 on an existing Manny Tranny on here? I'd like to see a write up on that... Or I'll wait for Badger :D

theaccordian

Reaction score
for all the talk about the G23, when I think about it, I dont think anyone has ever has actually physically built one. Just alot of internet theorizing

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
theaccordian said:
for all the talk about the G23, when I think about it, I dont think anyone has ever has actually physically built one. Just alot of internet theorizing

a guy on accordinglydone did i think. i remember reading about it and looking at pictures.

Jeffro

Reaction score
theaccordian said:

Well, I know I saw one on honda-tech, BUT it was for a Prelude, and involved a lot of other work just to get the engine mounted and lined up for the transmission, etc. I know someone on here is ready for the Auto transmission version with the H22 head. I'm not sure I've ever heard of converting and already exisiting/mounted F23 block and adding either an H22 or H23 head. It actually seems like it would be a lot less work than putting it in a prelude or something, but I honestly have never seen it done that way. Maybe it hasn't been done that way?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
For the most part - no one has successfully done the G23 in a 6thgen accord as far I know. A lot of people say they are, then give up or part it out, and the cycle continues.

To the OP - decide what kinda power you want, how you want to go about getting there, is this your DD?, can you afford downtime on it?, can you fix/work on it yourself? - Figure those out and we can help guide you the rest of the way.

Back