Big change coming. **PHOTOS ADDED - WHEELS & SUSPENSION**

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: Big change coming.

i give this man about 1 month before he regrets spending money on a spring / shock combo.

i see coilovers in your near future :skurred:

ha i know i know. i got the shocks/springs for $320 though so if/when i invest in something down the road i won't have lost too much green.

I am excited for u, congrats on the beautiful wheels. I had the prokits on my car for a couple years and I thought they dropped the car well. Perfect drop for what I wanted at that time. After settled they ended up droping my car around 1.7inch all together. But after I couple years I made the switch to coilovers bc I was ready to go lower and stiffer.

sounds like the path i'll take, judging by what everyone says, haha. thanks for the compliments on the wheels man!

+1!! that's how i felt! haha I will never go back to springs/shocks

psh, this guy. haha i'm sure you're probably right though!

I thiunk im the only 4x4 member left on here. ****, Im thinking about a 3inch lift not a drop.....lol

you are definitely not the only one. how did you go this long anyway? just out of curiosity...your car has just about every other mod, haha.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Alright I just got the call. My car is done.

Here is what my mechanic said...

1) All shocks are at their factory set height because the fronts are not adjustable due to the one new shock's snap ring. I didn't previously state this, but I bought all shocks used and when dyno tested at Koni North America one of the fronts was bad. So I got a new front one that I was told by the guy at Koni NA (that cleaned them up for me, replaced the bushings, etc) was the same as the used ones (SP1's), just a newer version (Sports)...but he said it would still work the same way and adjust the same way. Anyways the mechanic said the placement of the snap ring (which is not able to be moved) is in a different place than the other front shock, so if I adjust one front they can't be even...dammit. So I'm going to see how it looks and rides today and then I'll decide what to do.

2) The shocks are adjusted to their max stiffness setting, maybe adjusted that way by the guy at Koni NA, and my mechanic said they ride really stiff. He stated he has a set of Koni's on his car and they don't ride that stiff. I asked him to soften them up a bit, so I'll see how that goes. I wanted a slightly stiffer right than stock, but I didn't want it to be super different from factory...that's why I didn't get coils. Argh.

3) I need new rear endlinks because he said they can be snapped off and on. I'd like to get a rear sway bar before replacing end links since everyone says to just replace them anyway when you put a new sway on. I may not do this for a while, don't think that's a big deal.

So nothing that bad, the worst thing is if the ride is really stiff. But if he didn't adjust them to soften them up as I asked I guess I can do it myself. Anyway, he said there is about 2 fingergaps all the way around so I think I've avoided the boat look, which was the most important thing to me.

Well I'm going to go get her. I'll update tonight. Thanks all for your interest in this thread.

Accord281

Reaction score

Hopefully everything works out well for you. Since your endlinks are ready to fall off, I would recommend getting the TL sway bar and the moog end links. In total, you would spend less than $90 and it is damn worth it. PM me if you need links for anything cause I can dig up where I got mine and send the info to you if you are interested.

On a side note, what is your status with the exhaust? I can't remember if you have installed it or even gotten it yet. Let me know!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Hopefully everything works out well for you. Since your endlinks are ready to fall off, I would recommend getting the TL sway bar and the moog end links. In total, you would spend less than $90 and it is damn worth it. PM me if you need links for anything cause I can dig up where I got mine and send the info to you if you are interested.

On a side note, what is your status with the exhaust? I can't remember if you have installed it or even gotten it yet. Let me know!

Sweet, a few questions...

Are Moog endlinks bolt ons? In other words do they hook up the same way as OEM endlinks, but just last longer?

In regard to the sway bar...I want my car to be neutral so would I need to change out the front sway bar too if I put on the rear TL bar? I was hoping I'd only have to change the rear and could leave the front alone, but I don't want my car to oversteer/understeer any more than it does either of those right now. Also, is the TL rear sway bar from the 01-03's or 04-06's?

I am going to order the Apexi WSII from here as it is the cheapest price I could find: (in the next week or so)
http://www.gripmotorsports.com/pi~pn~apexi_ws2_exhaust-1174.html

What do you think?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Alright so here's the latest:

1) HEIGHTWISE - All shocks are set to their factory height, in other words, there are two fingergaps all the way around. I think I avoided the "boat look". However, if I want to adjust the fronts to go lower, I am going to have to find a good SP1 (older version of yellows), or buy another Sport (newer version of yellows) in order for them to be the same when I lower them. This is all due to the snap ring issue (see above). But for now I like the way it looks, and knowing I can go lower is nice. I'm leaving it alone for now.

2) STIFFWISE - All but one of the shocks was at its softest setting, hence the harsh ride. So now they are all set at their softest stiffness, which I am told is about 20% more stiff than factory. I am still getting use to the feel and seeing if I like it or want to go stiffer. I've got the Koni key so I can stiffen them up in half turn increments, which is effing sweet.

3) Looking into getting a TL rear sway (I think it's 20mm?) and Moog endlinks to replace my OEM's. If anyone can tell me an answer to my part about sway bars in my above post, that would be helpful!

Overall I'm VERY happy! I can definitely feel the performance difference...when I accelerate the front of the car doesn't buck, and when I brake the front end doesn't go down. It's much flatter in cornering and feels more stable at higher speeds. The ride is great, I feel bumps just a tad more but I don't care. As for how it looks, I love it. With the adjustable height and adjustable stiffness...I don't know that I'll ever change anything. Sportlines are the only thing I would ever add. Since the the shocks are adjustable I can go lower than what the Pro Kits actually give...no need for coil overs for me unless I want a super stiff and super low setup. But I don't plan to go that route with this car.

I took pics last night with the 17's, I was too tired to post them. The 18's look really great. I'll get pics up soon. I FINALLY have a update to my ride page worth showing off, haha. :flipoff:

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score

The WSII is a great exhaust and that price is good for it as well, I would say go for it.

Looking forward to seeing pics of the new look.

Accord281

Reaction score

Sweet, a few questions...

Are Moog endlinks bolt ons? In other words do they hook up the same way as OEM endlinks, but just last longer?

In regard to the sway bar...I want my car to be neutral so would I need to change out the front sway bar too if I put on the rear TL bar? I was hoping I'd only have to change the rear and could leave the front alone, but I don't want my car to oversteer/understeer any more than it does either of those right now. Also, is the TL rear sway bar from the 01-03's or 04-06's?

I am going to order the Apexi WSII from here as it is the cheapest price I could find: (in the next week or so)
http://www.gripmotorsports.com/pi~pn~apexi_ws2_exhaust-1174.html

What do you think?

The Moogs are direct bolt-on, but they are designed better than the oem ones. They will last longer and they are easier to put on and remove.

With the sway bar, you want the 04-07 TL manual bar. With the stock one, the car understeers slightly. Once the TL bar is on, that will be gone, along with some body roll (depending on your suspension setup). The stock front sway bar is just fine to use with the rear TL one.

The price on that exhaust looks good.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

The Moogs are direct bolt-on, but they are designed better than the oem ones. They will last longer and they are easier to put on and remove.

With the sway bar, you want the 04-07 TL manual bar. With the stock one, the car understeers slightly. Once the TL bar is on, that will be gone, along with some body roll (depending on your suspension setup). The stock front sway bar is just fine to use with the rear TL one.

The price on that exhaust looks good.

Thanks for the direct answers, you're helpful as always. So this is the sway bar/end link set up you have I gather. Concerning the body roll...how do you think a spring/shock combo would interact with the TL sway?

If you have any part numbers/links send em my way. btw is this TL sway 20mm? Thanks bud! :thumbsup:

Accord281

Reaction score

Thanks for the direct answers, you're helpful as always. So this is the sway bar/end link set up you have I gather. Concerning the body roll...how do you think a spring/shock combo would interact with the TL sway?

If you have any part numbers/links send em my way. btw is this TL sway 20mm? Thanks bud! :thumbsup:

Yes this is the 20 mm sway bar.

Sway Bar

Bushings

^^Get 2 of the manual

Clamps

^^2 of these as well

LH Moog end link

RH Moog end link

Make sure the sway bar is interchangeable between coupe and sedan. That is one thing I didn't think of.

Since a spring/shock combo is not going to be as stiff as my setup, I would imagine that you would see more of a decrease in body roll than I do (I have none, but the stiffness of the coilovers plays a big part in that, sway bar completely eliminates it).

Last edited:
Back