Black housing job using a heatgun

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
soooo today i attempted to open up my housing using a heatgun...i think i overheated one part too cuz when i pulled one of the tabs bended, i was able to fold it back into place...thank god. the jobs not as easy as reading it on all the other black housing diy's.

ill continue my efforts again tomorrow, keep throwing advice at me guys. THANKS!!!

will post pictures as soon as i finish.

I've already thrown all I can, I'm out of advice. Oh, and you may want to use a low temp oven ;) has that been mentioned?
^^^ This will distribute heat heat to teh seal evenly and it will all come apart at the same time, without tab meltage!! (read prior posts for details).

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
So... It's been a few days, how did it come out man, did you have a chance to finish the project? I am eager to find out :)

Peace!

Ric Rock

Reaction score
Ive been real busy guys!! Sorry for the late update im not even done yet but heres where i am so far, got the headlights apart with the heat gun...took me about 10-15 or so minutes to heat the headlights and pull them apart.

Enjoy the pics!!!

Heat Gun Success FTW!!
DSC05911.jpg

Been Painting Them Using Duplicolor Engine Enamel Low Gloss Black
DSC05923.jpg

DSC05923.jpg

Working On Buffing Out The Headlamp Covers
DSC05917.jpg

Got side tracked With an idea to smoke my ambers, Never seen anyone do this yet. (Heres a lil teaser of what I got comin!! More pics coming!!)
DSC05926.jpg

DSC05933.jpg

DSC05935.jpg

Im planning to put it all back together sometime this week or early next week. Ill post pics of the final outcome.

Please leave me some feedback on what you think about smoking my ambers in my headlights.

Sinful

Reaction score
Nice, I used a heat gun and the same paint haha. Those smoked strips will look pretty nice cuz I've seen blackhoused headlights with smoked strips on ebay. Make sure you seal them back up good.

Ric Rock

Reaction score
UPDATE!!

here are some pics of where the project is going...planning on resealing them this weekend and getting them back onto my ride sometime this week...thanks to my homie Greg the lenses are looking REAL REAL GOOD!!. thanks bro for your time and help with this project. im surprised how clear they're looking.

DSC01304.jpg

DSC01307.jpg

kn0x47

Reaction score
Nice. I was planning on using a heat gun once i get around to doing my headlights. glad to hear it doenst take really long
question: so is the bottom light/amber strip area kinda seperately silled from the rest of the light or no? are you planning on heating up the factory sealant to reseal it or using new silicone or something?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
my strips have been tinted for over a year now :coffee: lol...i went dark with em...another pair of lights i have are lightly tinted like yours.

Ric Rock

Reaction score
Project Finished!!!

It took some time but I finished up sealing the headlights earlier this week made some time to reinstall my newly oem black housed headlights and officially made myself a part of the HID KIT CLUB!! Dunno my number but if anyone knows plz let me know. =) sorry it took long to update this.

Enjoy the pics

Sealed up using honda bond

DSC06191.jpg

Freshly Installed Back

DSC06197.jpg

DSC06196.jpg

6K Bosch HID Kit

DSC06199.jpg

Life is GOOD:)

DSC06216.jpg

Last edited:
Back