Black housing job using a heatgun

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i would recommend a heat gun over the oven. its real easy to melt the headlight with the oven. i did the oven way first time i did my headlights, and every time after when i opened them up, i used a heat gun. the heat gun way is much easier and safer.

edit: damn this threads old, hahahah

nexTOme

Reaction score
i dont know...to me it was hard to keep glues melted all around, or at least most of it.....

oven did everything so much easier.....ive tried to using both method for 2 sets of headlight each......

some pplz find heatgun easier than oven...so i guess its like personal preference thing...LOL

Ric Rock

Reaction score
i personally have done both methods several times since this thread was started and found both methods to be pretty easy. the heat gun was more convenient tho imo.

the oven is nice and easy like everyone said heats the whole thing up evenly, but if over done it'll warp the **** out of your headlights (you gotta be a totally idiot to do that tho)

the heat gun to me is a faster process, heats up the headlight edges which is the only part that needs to be heated up. the faster it gets heated up the faster it comes apart...

in the end i guess its all just preference, either way is legit.

chadarak

Reaction score
anybody done this before and had to re-aim your headlights? i was just about to do mine up but i started thinking if they are going to have to be re-aimed if I dont get the seal back perfectly.

nexTOme

Reaction score
you have to re-aim if you moved your reflectors....

sealin has nothing to do with aiming.......

98akkordLX

Reaction score
you have to re-aim if you moved your reflectors....

sealin has nothing to do with aiming.......

absolutely agree wid nexTOme, even if you seal it unevenly, its just ur clear shell that is going to be uneven, not the headlight base(actual housing of the headlight).

Back